View Poll Results: Would you like to have these features implemented in the upcoming servers of Travian?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (donation system and defense point distribution system)

42 46.15%
  • Only donation system

0 0%
  • Only defense point distribution system

37 40.66%
  • None

12 13.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Community Manager Templar Knight's Avatar

Default Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Dear Community

We know you are super curious to know which one is the fake news out of our April' Fool, but lets play this a bit differently. Along the year we will reveal you small pieces, because we'd like you to focus on a specific topic time after time. And today we will tell you which is the first thing coming.

We are almost ready to release the Rise of Alliances donation system and defense point distribution to the new normal server, but before doing this wed like to get some deeper feedback from you.

So please, vote on this poll and comment to this thread with your detailed feedbacks, and ask also your friends to do so, the more voice we hear the easier will be for us to decide wisely how to further develop the game and which features to implement.

Your Travian team
    If you need a little help with game play Legend Answers

If you are nervous about your post Forum Rules

Keep the MH's at bay by knowing the Game Rules

Pikeman

I think the donate system could be open to cheating by way of multi accounts. But I'm totally in favour of the defence point distribution.

Both should be implemented. But donation system would need some tweaks. It would be great if wheat could not be donated. It would make people make more res villages instead of taking mostly croppers. And it would be a bit more fair for non-gold players.
    Edit: also, as another player mentioned above, multis might become a problem. MHs might need to start looking into multis more seriously. I played on one server where one guy had ~10 accounts. It took continous reports from dozen of people with screenshots provide and over two months to actually get cheater banned.
    Last edited by Qvintex; 03.04.2017 at 14:43.

Speeding up merchants is a must on RoA servers
    Second place is the first loser

I really like the defense point distribution. Allows for players that are playing solo to have some down time and still manage to gain def points and use their defense. Also means that if everyone gangs up on one person on the server, some other people have motivation to send defense if they see themselves gaining points from it. (not this way for everyone).

donation system is a good way to contribute to helping your alliance if you use minimal gold/no gold and need to use up your overflow. don't think the multi accounts will make too much of a difference to this in the end game, possibly beginning though.

Donation will only be misused and make it more tempting to use multi accounts but it's good if deffers gets more reward for their work.

A newspaper about Travian since 2009

I have never played ROA so I am unfamiliar with these options

Natarian Knight

Alliances donation system
    Players donate resources to alliance bonuses.
    There are 4:
    Recruitment for faster troops training
    Philosophy for additional CP
    Metallurgy for extra troops upgrade
    Commerce for increased merchants capacity

Each bonus has 5 tiers. Donations have daily limit. Players can triple the amount of resources donated with 3 gold. If a player leaves alliance before next tier of a bonus is cleared the donations of the account go pfff (this is against abuse by multies, I guess)

Absolutely great idea in my opinion, but needs some adjustments. First, the cost of final tiers is ridiculous. Tier 5 cost 155M, over 2.5M per account in full alliance. How many troops additional troops can be trained with that amount you can calculate Or how many levels you can up your TO. Or how many parties you can run. Second, you may consider replacing bonuses or adding more for alliance to choose. I have suggested earlier increasing speed of troops between own villages or alliance villages, I'm sure people will come up with many other ideas.

For ROA specifically (I'm aware it's different topic) increasing merchants speed instead of merchants capacity is the must, imbalance is ridiculous.

Defense point distribution

Unlike regular servers there defense points go to the village owner, on ROA defensive points are distributed between defending troops owners. Also great improvement imho. It gives much more recognition to defensive players and lead to higher activity. Our defensive players on ROA were chasing calls to get points. Nobody held troops back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele View Post
    Alliances donation system
    Players donate resources to alliance bonuses.
    There are 4:
    Recruitment for faster troops training
    Philosophy for additional CP
    Metallurgy for extra troops upgrade
    Commerce for increased merchants capacity

Each bonus has 5 tiers. Donations have daily limit. Players can triple the amount of resources donated with 3 gold. If a player leaves alliance before next tier of a bonus is cleared the donations of the account go pfff (this is against abuse by multies, I guess)

Absolutely great idea in my opinion, but needs some adjustments. First, the cost of final tiers is ridiculous. Tier 5 cost 155M, over 2.5M per account in full alliance. How many troops additional troops can be trained with that amount you can calculate Or how many levels you can up your TO. Or how many parties you can run. Second, you may consider replacing bonuses or adding more for alliance to choose. I have suggested earlier increasing speed of troops between own villages or alliance villages, I'm sure people will come up with many other ideas.

For ROA specifically (I'm aware it's different topic) increasing merchants speed instead of merchants capacity is the must, imbalance is ridiculous.

Defense point distribution

Unlike regular servers there defense points go to the village owner, on ROA defensive points are distributed between defending troops owners. Also great improvement imho. It gives much more recognition to defensive players and lead to higher activity. Our defensive players on ROA were chasing calls to get points. Nobody held troops back.
    In my opinion, and even though I strongly agree that defensive players should in some way get more recognition, defensive players are anonymous, and because of that, they are less attacked (mostly less fakes and less attacks on them) than offensive players. I am not sure that drawing attention to them is a good idea.

It could lead to more attacks on them and thus entice some of them to keep their troops to themselves, even though they most probably wouldn't have enough to kill the incoming hammer(s).
    Past com servers : finals, com10, com2 -com1-com5 (WILD!), com4 (IM)

Natarian Knight

That was an argument for many, including myself, in previous discussions that suggested the change. Now I played it and withdraw all my previous statements.

P.S. if alliance players self-defend instead of following calls, something is wrong with alliance, not with features.