Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 5...The Thief

Community Manager Templar Knight's Avatar

Default Day 5...The Thief

It was a warm sunny day. Lucius Tarquinius and Mark Atilius were sitting on a tree stump, catching some rays of sun.

"Look, Lucius," the caravan driver asked suddenly. "If it's a frontier city, then there should be Gaul and Teuton merchants here, right? I want to bring some souvenirs home and I'm sure we wouldn't find anything like them in our Central Region."

"Yes, you're right," agreed the architect. "Do you see that town hall over there? Go in that direction and you'll see a marketplace where only Teutons and Gauls trade. But keep in mind that local tribes don't like us Romans. The Teutons are honest guys, they never tell lies. Gauls are the opposite - they never tell the truth. Go alone, I need to give my builders some construction orders."

Mark Atilius went to the marketplace; he found it really fast. He visited a smith where he looked at some iron knives and other gear, as well as the potter with his decorated clay-ware and a carpenter who made beautiful wooden figurines. When he visited a baker he found out he had left his money bag somewhere in one of the other shops. Atilius hurried back and saw all three merchants who were now talking to each other.

"Please, excuse me, honorable merchants, but I left my money at one of your shops."
    The merchants looked at each other.

"The potter is Gaul, of course, but you left your money in the carpenter's shop," the smith told him.

"By the way, both the smith and the carpenter belong to the same tribe," added the potter.

"Well, the potter tells the truth," agreed the carpenter. "But you left your money in his shop."

Mark Atilius thought for a while. "What did Lucius tell me? Teutons never lie, Gauls always lie? How do I know who is Teuton and who is Gaul?" the caravan driver asked himself.

Task:
    Help the caravan driver find out which tribe each merchant belongs to and where he left his money.
    If you need a little help with game play Legend Answers

If you are nervous about your post Forum Rules

Keep the MH's at bay by knowing the Game Rules

The potter and the carpenter are gauls, and the smith is teuton.

Player: megiddo on touney finals.

I should have added that the money is with the carpenter.

Pikeman

ts20
    Que

The Potter and Carpenter are both Gaul, aka liars. The Smith is a Teuton. Therefore, the caravan driver left his money in the Carpenter's shop

Zimski at ts20.travian.com

The Smith is a Teuton
    The Potter is a Gaul
    The Carpenter is a Gaul
    The money is in the carpenter's shop

Smith merchant --->>> Teuton

Potter merchant --->>> Gaul

Carpenter merchant --->>> Gaul

The money is at carpenter's shop.

MrValera com 2

potter is gaul

smith is teuton

carpenter is gaul
    money left in potter shop
    ivanhoe com 2

Pikeman

IGN: wangiri
    Server: ts20.travian.com

Answer:
    Smith is Teuton, Potter and Carpenter are Gauls, and the money is with Carpenter.

Smith is Teuton.
    Potter and carpenter are Gauls.
    Money is at carpenter's shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post

It was a warm sunny day. Lucius Tarquinius and Mark Atilius were sitting on a tree stump, catching some rays of sun.

"Look, Lucius," the caravan driver asked suddenly. "If it's a frontier city, then there should be Gaul and Teuton merchants here, right? I want to bring some souvenirs home and I'm sure we wouldn't find anything like them in our Central Region."

"Yes, you're right," agreed the architect. "Do you see that town hall over there? Go in that direction and you'll see a marketplace where only Teutons and Gauls trade. But keep in mind that local tribes don't like us Romans. The Teutons are honest guys, they never tell lies. Gauls are the opposite - they never tell the truth. Go alone, I need to give my builders some construction orders."

Mark Atilius went to the marketplace; he found it really fast. He visited a smith where he looked at some iron knives and other gear, as well as the potter with his decorated clay-ware and a carpenter who made beautiful wooden figurines. When he visited a baker he found out he had left his money bag somewhere in one of the other shops. Atilius hurried back and saw all three merchants who were now talking to each other.

"Please, excuse me, honorable merchants, but I left my money at one of your shops."
    The merchants looked at each other.

"The potter is Gaul, of course, but you left your money in the carpenter's shop," the smith told him.

"By the way, both the smith and the carpenter belong to the same tribe," added the potter.

"Well, the potter tells the truth," agreed the carpenter. "But you left your money in his shop."

Mark Atilius thought for a while. "What did Lucius tell me? Teutons never lie, Gauls always lie? How do I know who is Teuton and who is Gaul?" the caravan driver asked himself.

Task:
    Help the caravan driver find out which tribe each merchant belongs to and where he left his money.

The potter is a Gauls so he is a lier and is friend carpenter is also a Gaul.
    Our smith is a respectable man so he is a Teuton.
    The money was in the carpenter store

The Potter and the Carpenter are Gauls.
    The Smith is Teuton.
    And the money is on Carpenter store

The potter and the carpenter are Gaul.
    The smith is Teuton.
    The money is on carpenter storer.

TMStriker(tx3)

Pikeman

The Smith is a Teuton, the Potter and Carpenter are Gauls. The money was left at the Carpenter's shop.
    Tyr ts20