Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Day 3...The Confrontation

Pikeman

Roman catapults will arrive before Gauls'.

Roman catapults take 6h 40min to arrive.
    Preparations take 2h 30min.
    Total time it takes from Romans to attack Gauls = 9h 10min.
    Romans will attack 50min before Gauls.

ts20 Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post

Finally, the last cart was counted and added to the account scroll. Lucius Tarquinius Lepidus dropped some melted wax onto the list and pressed it with his signature ring, verifying the numbers.

"Ok, now give me your supporting documents," he told Mark Atilius. "I hope everything is in order here?"
    "You see..." Mark Atilius hesitated a bit and then replied, "we are short six carts of iron." "The carts axes broke all at once and we had to leave the cargo there."

"Six carts?" asked Tarquinius Lepidus suspiciously.

"Yes, six carts," confirmed his old friend. "And three carts of clay."

"So, clay too?" snapped the architect.

"Yes, clay too," the caravan driver confirmed. "And five carts of crop."

The place fell silent. The chief imperial architect looked on the trade caravan with a mournful expression.
    "What did you do with the carts, Mark?" Tarquinius asked point-blank.
    "The rulers of neighboring regions took them," Mark Atilius confessed. "They demanded them as a fee for safe passage through their lands."

Their conversation was interrupted again. A horn sound could be heard over the land.

" It seems the prefect is calling for an urgent city council meeting." Tarquinius frowned. "I need to go."
    Soon the whole city council had gathered in the main hall of the residence, and the prefect immediately started his speech.

"You all know we're close to the frontier. Ten minutes ago I received a dispatch from our scouts. The news they brought to me is very important and requires immediate action. One of our archenemies, the Gaul city, has sent an attack our way - a huge army accompanied by rams and catapults. First, we need to get our defenses ready. Second, the best defense is actually a counter-offense. I guess we might be able to destroy that village before their army arrives here. Taking into account their speed, the enemy will be here in ten hours. The architect, Gods bless him, already constructed the tournament square and itís already a quarter upgraded too, so I hope we have a good chance that our catapults will arrive at this Gaul village faster than their army gets here. The centurions need thirty minutes to prepare the plan and we need another two hours for our army to gather together and launch an attack! Let's not waste any more time!

Task:
    Will the Roman catapults be able to destroy the Gaul village before the Gauls attack them? What will be the time difference? (Server: RoA, speed: x2. Keep in mind that the tournament square on RoA gameworlds has a stronger impact on speed than on regular servers).

You may find the following tool to be helpful in your new task.....
    http://travian.kirilloid.ru/distance...boots=0&left=0
    Yes.
    2:30:00

Ts20.travian.com
    User: Miearia

They will, with 50mins time difference.

Pikeman

Enemy travel time: 10hrs 10min (scouting report was received 10min ago) -> distance: 61 fields (assuming no TS for gauls)
    Time for romans to travel 61 fields with TS5: 6hrs 45min + planning and gatering time (2hrs 30min) = 9hrs 15min

Roman catapults will destroy Gaul village, with 55min to spare.

Funky Monkey on Roa

Thorned Warrior

Blart Server Ts5
    Not having played RoA so no dea there
    Seems to me we have way too little info
    No idea of his TSquare
    Or his co\ords or our own for that matter
    I suspect heroes are involved here
    Plus to destroy a villa requires plenty of catas
    and with only 5k nearly legionnaires I suspect we are short there
    So lets stay and defend if we can
    Best with a few inserts if they are coming in more than one wave
    otherwise meh

Lerac com1 : for the catapults to be in time they have to arive within 7:30 (or 7:20 since the report of the scouts is 10 minutes old).
    If the gauls don't have any speedbonus they are 60 tiles away (10H traveltime)
    The romans are able to travel 60 tiles with TS at 5 in 6H:40M wich is within 7:20.

The answer: Yes the catapults will be able to destroy the gaul village