Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: WW Standings

  1. #41
    Natarian Knight wishmaster3's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.2006
    Location
    Elvenpath
    Posts
    11,032

    Default

    I don't play on this server, but I can clarify some things.

    The target selected/random target will not show to everyone. As was examplified above. It shows it to those directly involved on either side of the attack, but not to everyone else.

    Your reports posted earlier in the thread are incomplete, as they were parsed incorectly to travian-reports. However, it's plainly obvious that there is a message with "was selected target" in each of the reports. If the treasury was targetted, and the catas hit this target, the report will not say "was selected target" for that particular target choice. As said, the report is incomplete, but I'm guessing it hit the treasury, and thus there was no message about target selected for one of the two catapult targets, while the other target showed what was the intended hit, since it hit something else.

    So your argumentation based on the reports alone is completely flawed. You have no proof in them. But yes, the event in itself is very unlikely - I will not comment on whether I think someone exploited a loophole for the UC or not.


    In regards to the Wild server - it was never really clarified how it happened, most likely by chance, but it was actually in a way more unlikely than these two hits. The attacker only chose one target, and he chose complete random, which means that the chance was lower than if he had chosen a building.


    Didn't see this brought up, so might as well point it out: if you target a building, it will only randomize between buildings and not fields. If you target fields, it will pick fields (That is, as long as there are buildings/fields aviable to randomize between). If you pick random target, it will randomize between both. So how many buildings you have also influences the chance.
    Last edited by wishmaster3; 13.03.2017 at 20:09.

    Animis opibusque parati
    Latest server: SGC @ com1 - http://i.imgur.com/PDGiaoa.jpg | Current: Retired

  2. #42
    Axerider
    Join Date
    05.11.2012
    Posts
    472

    Default

    No new Update on the WW standings
    Back to the topic of the thread
    Yesterday Unex WW got hit by two hammer (the first was rammer with no cata to pave the way only). Here are the reports:
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:21:34 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46162805273
    (hamedac's nonecap rammer - Wall 20 to 0)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:32:29 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4616392bd83
    (Cursed Pirate's nonecap wwk - WW 92 to 81)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:51:31 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46164688dee
    (Acid's cap wwk - WW 81 to 43)


    UNEX still has some viable hammers left. Where thy will target is a mystery. Yesterday they managed to zero Acid's capital (ofc after he launched, landed and send out the standing def) and failed to chief CP nonecap. There are a lot of empty target they can hit successfully for sure but only a few worthy target which WE care.
    hamedac (ts5: IM 2011/12), hamedac (ts5: IM 2012/13), SaHa (ts5: IM 2013/14), Treble (ts5: IM 2014/15), COMunity (ts5: wreCker 2015/16), hamedac (ts5: WE 2016/17)

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    No new Update on the WW standings
    Back to the topic of the thread
    Yesterday Unex WW got hit by two hammer (the first was rammer with no cata to pave the way only). Here are the reports:
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:21:34 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46162805273
    (hamedac's nonecap rammer - Wall 20 to 0)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:32:29 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4616392bd83
    (Cursed Pirate's nonecap wwk - WW 92 to 81)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:51:31 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46164688dee
    (Acid's cap wwk - WW 81 to 43)


    UNEX still has some viable hammers left. Where thy will target is a mystery. Yesterday they managed to zero Acid's capital (ofc after he launched, landed and send out the standing def) and failed to chief CP nonecap. There are a lot of empty target they can hit successfully for sure but only a few worthy target which WE care.
    As I have said it before: congrats to WE for winning this one. And there's no remorse in saying that. Better planning lead to this result. As well as the fact that WE didn't need to focus on two fronts at the same time. But, as everybody knows, it is both a game of strategy and diplomacy. UNEX failed at least in the second. As for the strategy, there were many doubtful calls on either side, during the server. There were errors and nice plays on both sides, there have been strategies and counter-strategies, better or worse executions from both metas. But there can be just one winner, in the end, and the rightful winner of this round is WE.

    Now, to wrap up the earlier debate, which I feel obliged to. To start with, I kindly request hamedac to review his statement about what my posts have really meant. I did not, for once, involved that this server's fate has been changed by that series of attacks, nor that an eventual and probable, at that point, certain, now, win of WE would be shadowed in any way by that. I simply stated the highly unlikely nature of that Treasury sniping. And, also, stated, and now maintain, that there has to be an exploit to that thing or, otherwise, that's one hell of a lucky row of strikes. And I am not talking about the CP takeover - which I have stated and now maintain, that is fully on me. And, in this respect, I also invite hamedac to revise his statement about my level of competence. Not that it'd matter, but simply because those allegations made on me - as it has resulted from an in depth analysis of those presented reports - no real support. I might be a good or bad player. I might be incompetent or highly competent. Then again, base your analysis on real facts. And, complete, if possible.

    Also, to stay true in everything, there's two things that should be added to concluded the earlier debate:
    1. there has been a bug in the posting of the attacks under UC protection, when such attacks target Treasury, this aspect having been confirmed by the techSupport. So, neither you, nor me, are in the right when getting aroused by the argument in regards to the way the information showed up in the reports.
    2. in the series of attacks on my account, there has been one that has targeted the Main Building and landed on the Main Building, and the information posted in the report did look the same as on the reports from hamedac, targeting and hitting Treasury. This, alone, invalidates my argument regarding the possible connection between the way things were shown in the report and a possible exploit.

    Having concluded that, I once more state that it was highly unlikely that those two hits land so precise, in so similar context, in so quick succession. But, whatever the prerequisites, what's done cannot be undone.

    Now, for the remaining 1-2 days of the server, in addition to what hamedac has pointed out - the existence of quite some few armies in UNEX... attention should be paid to one major issue: the only remaining WWK in the server is neither UNEX, nor is it WE. And, the final configuration of the server, only depends on how that one hammer is (or is not, for that matter) used in the remaining days. I won't say anything more, because I don't wanna stand accused of goading or of instigating people of various alliances to do things they wouldn't otherwise do. And, in the end, it isn't even my problem, who sends what army, or where. I've played this game the way I know, and that is for the fun of it. If I win or lose, tomorrow is still gonna be a brand new day, the Earth shall still go round the Sun and the Moon shall still go round the Earth. At least, I had a good time.

    End of a chapter.

  4. #44
    Axerider
    Join Date
    05.11.2012
    Posts
    472

    Default

    @ greywind: My opinion towards you won't change and I think I based on some incidents and issues. Since you are leaving the game better to cut clean and won't worry yourself about it.

    UNEX definitely failed in strategy, they did way better in diplomacy. They managed to have foot in four quads and it required some heavy negotiation in the beginning of the server. However they lack manpower to lead that many alliances they possessed so all those crumbled on its weight slowly. Nevertheless aside from strategy, leadership and etc with that many trainers and arties I personally expected way more monster hammers from UNEX. The only respected hammer were from ascky which failed to have even enough siege count. The other hammers considering that many trainer usage time were embarrassing (a little harsh but it is necessary to convey the disappointed).

    About the outcome I think it is fair to say that at this point it is a done deal, yes Eden can launch to us and base on what UNEX thinks they have some hammers left. UNEX has at least two hammer, they will lose on in a few hours attacking a CP village (when they are going to learn). But to make it clear even if and if eden decide to hit WE WW, WE still posses other variables to count on.
    hamedac (ts5: IM 2011/12), hamedac (ts5: IM 2012/13), SaHa (ts5: IM 2013/14), Treble (ts5: IM 2014/15), COMunity (ts5: wreCker 2015/16), hamedac (ts5: WE 2016/17)

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    @ greywind: My opinion towards you won't change and I think I based on some incidents and issues. Since you are leaving the game better to cut clean and won't worry yourself about it.
    The point was not to change an opinion, but to look at facts and revise a statement. Your facts on which you based a judgement were wrong or biased, so your conclusion is normal to show flaws. Now, regardless of that, I invite you to give up, for once, behaving with arrogance and self-sufficiency. As a fact, the account that you, yourself have stated that WE kept attacking and faking (agreed, there were very few serious attacks, but there were some), i.e. Greywind, has been my account and I have played on it till early December 2016. Ever since, the level of game-time on that account has been of casual player at best. Not more than 2-3 visits a day on average, not more than 1 hour combined. Still, with that level of activity, first, WE were not able to get one single artifact from it, second, WE were too blind to see the account was not thriving any longer so that they'd attack it in a more concerted, more serious manner (or, should I say, blinded by their own glory and belief in the level of their play).

    Apart from that, there is something that seems to elude your understanding: starting the moment where I could not continue playing at a normal level of activity, that account has only served one purpose: to deposit and protect artifacts. And that, it has done pretty well, since within those months it has only lost one, and that was lost to either a sudden spurt of luck or to a skillful exploit of a glitch, whichever it might've been. So, in that respect, whilst you insist in calling me incompetent, I shall myself question the level of competency of a whole meta-alliance which has not managed virtually anything against one incompetent player, playing less than half-norm on a virtually isolated account. Sure, you didn't know that was the situation of the account. Sure, you didn't need all those artifacts, WE was better off without them. But... hmmm, wait! You didn't know because you didn't bother to observe the evolution of an account, which shows limited observation abilities to say the least. How come you haven't realized during all this time that an account which in early December had reached no. 2 offensive ranking and possessed one 100k hammer and a troopop ratio of like 15:1 had ceased to be active? And... also, wait! I might've been wrong in the statement where you were not needing those artifacts - no, I am not talking about uniques and stuff, those, of course are not that useful in end-game... but I might be talking about CPs, of which Greywind held, at a moment in time, more than the whole WE combined and, that was the moment where WE was in danger of not being able to continue building their WW due to the CPs issue - agreed, a healthy amount of bad decisions and lack of coordination on UNEX at that point lead to WE keeping just the necessary number of construction plans for moving on with the WW, but that does not make WE's plays at that point any better.

    So, have it your way, but think of what it tells about yourself, as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    UNEX definitely failed in strategy, they did way better in diplomacy. They managed to have foot in four quads and it required some heavy negotiation in the beginning of the server. However they lack manpower to lead that many alliances they possessed so all those crumbled on its weight slowly. Nevertheless aside from strategy, leadership and etc with that many trainers and arties I personally expected way more monster hammers from UNEX. The only respected hammer were from ascky which failed to have even enough siege count. The other hammers considering that many trainer usage time were embarrassing (a little harsh but it is necessary to convey the disappointed).
    I dare contradict with you on this one, too. UNEX did not fail in strategy. UNEX did majorly fail in execution. There were too many people involved in offensive actions and so many inter-dependent attacks, that any error in execution costed heavily on each operation. Those were not decision-making errors. They were simply human errors on many players that impacted heavily on the overall results. The calls UNEX has made were, with notable exceptions, the right calls, still, many of them were wrongly implemented.

    As for negotiations in the beginning of the server... what can I say... that's the beginning of the server. Too many things change during the whole round so that those negotiations diminish severely as importance. Now, WE, on the other hand, held the upper hand in diplomacy, as they have managed to transform a 3-way round, into a 2-parts play plus a spectator. And, yes, I am talking about the EDEN situation.

    I do agree to you on the poor usage of trainers. Then again, WE had its right share on both the small trainers and the unique one. So, yep, you were expected, as much as UNEX to have higher counts on hammers. In this respect, apart from the siege count, ascky's hammer was the only WW army on the server, without counting your rammer. Psycho Killer, Cursed Pirate, Acid, Ego Desires, on your side, Reaper, Scorpion King, Bailey, Darth Feeder, on UNEX's side, were all having decent counts at some point, but none of those would qualify for a WW army. Agreed, Acid had the siege, but that army and all the rest were decent at best in terms of troop counts - considering that a Roman WW army should have over 100k imps to start looking decent. Of course, though, what we all should take into consideration when assessing the troopcount on any of those armies, is the level of activity on the server - it is, in the end, a server where farming was scarce at most times, where the number of players in its final part has dropped to under 400, that has had less than 500 players for the past 3 months or so. So, in those conditions, with all the trainers in the world, one shall not be able to train too much simply because there's not enough resources.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    About the outcome I think it is fair to say that at this point it is a done deal, yes Eden can launch to us and base on what UNEX thinks they have some hammers left. UNEX has at least two hammer, they will lose on in a few hours attacking a CP village (when they are going to learn). But to make it clear even if and if eden decide to hit WE WW, WE still posses other variables to count on.
    So, in the end, you gotta admit the role of diplomacy and politics on this one. It is now that a hit from EDEN is useless in the server mechanics. But the fact that we all reached this point in the server, where all's wrapped and sealed, without EDEN hitting on WE, is mainly the result of good diplomacy and even greater political games.

    P.S. Don't bother to continue on the competency-incompetency topic. It's just annoying to be insulted, but I can deal with it. On the other hand, mind it, self-sufficiency has been the downfall of many empires and great persons. Simply because it impedes one to see their own mistakes.

  6. #46
    Axerider
    Join Date
    05.11.2012
    Posts
    472

    Default

    @ greywind: I think you think a lot about yourself. First that history and name explaining and now the account history. I certainly don't think you are competent enough for a full server. Join a speed server and that lvl of activity would suffice.

    I didn't talk about the diplomacy between WE and Eden. I mentioned about the variables we still have like the couple of WWKs WE have at reserve to hit any possible opponent. ofc UNEX can't see them until they hit them how you guys can't see incoming on WW village and plan to hit the villages which already on the way. Tonight two more hammers landed on a CP village which served its purpose after WE queued the lvl100. Talking about timing in attacks.
    hamedac (ts5: IM 2011/12), hamedac (ts5: IM 2012/13), SaHa (ts5: IM 2013/14), Treble (ts5: IM 2014/15), COMunity (ts5: wreCker 2015/16), hamedac (ts5: WE 2016/17)

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    @ greywind: I think you think a lot about yourself. First that history and name explaining and now the account history. I certainly don't think you are competent enough for a full server. Join a speed server and that lvl of activity would suffice.
    Once more, you're wrong. And if I bother to counter it with a plead, that plead ain't for myself but for what I sincerely believe this game should be about. It is a war strategy game, involving politics and diplomacy. Therefore, it should be played like any confrontation between gentlemen, with grace and elegance. Or, at least, that's how I see it. What i've posted in terms of name choosing story, was a mere fun fact. It was a conversation. In a conversation, people tend to refer to other topics than the main topic of discussion. It's casual talk. And it was my statement about something that I cared for at the time of choosing. In that respect, it ain't nothing different from what any artist does: they all present a fragment of reality through their own eyes. Good or bad art, that's a different story. But they all have the right and possibility to express, without anybody labeling them just because they chose to express. The "account story" was for no other reason but for dismissing an insult that came out of the blue and, in my book, does not respect those unwritten rules of grace and elegance. There'd be much more to say about that account, but there's no need to tell a full story because it'd be boring. My account or any other. The story of any game act, in fact. I only used that fragment of a story in reply. Period.

    As for joining a speed server, I can only consider that as a good jest. I cannot afford the level of activity that a normal speed server requires, let aside a speed server. It is not the length of a server that is the trouble, but the intensity to which I like to play it. I've played, in my days, 3x speed and 5x speed servers. Those days are gone. This server has only been an experiment and the expression of my nostalgia towards a game of my youth.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    I didn't talk about the diplomacy between WE and Eden.
    Good political choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    I mentioned about the variables we still have like the couple of WWKs WE have at reserve to hit any possible opponent.
    The setup that has allowed for that included the political games referred hereinabove. Amongst others...
    And anyway, given the acknowledged number of armies that WE had, I guess it was a valid and good strategy to aim for you CPs earlier in the server, combined with letting you waste some armies on the Natars. Of course you haven't used significant armies on that, but, anyway, it was better to have you direct them at the Natars, rather than at UNEX. And that was one of the good calls made on the server by UNEX, based mainly on the profile of the players in the meta and the offensive possibilities that we had. Also, based on the fact that most offensive armies that UNEX possessed were operational hammers, not WWKs.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    ofc UNEX can't see them until they hit them how you guys can't see incoming on WW village and plan to hit the villages which already on the way.
    That's a bit of a cheeky line. But, hey, you can afford it, you won the round. Still, I reckon the incomings on the WW village were not really concealed so, setting the irony aside, that was not a problem in seeing, but a problem in communication. Which, otherwise, persisted for much of the server.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    Tonight two more hammers landed on a CP village which served its purpose after WE queued the lvl100. Talking about timing in attacks.
    I reckon neither you, nor anybody else would expect those 2 armies landing on your CP to have been part of a organized operation. They were simply launched for fun, in a moment where there's not much left to be done, honestly. And, also... I wouldn't call a 52k Roman light-cav attack a "hammer". Nor would I call that a 130k Teuton army...

  8. #48
    Guardsman Mad God's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.06.2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamedac View Post
    No new Update on the WW standings
    Back to the topic of the thread
    Yesterday Unex WW got hit by two hammer (the first was rammer with no cata to pave the way only). Here are the reports:
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:21:34 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46162805273
    (hamedac's nonecap rammer - Wall 20 to 0)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:32:29 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4616392bd83
    (Cursed Pirate's nonecap wwk - WW 92 to 81)
    Landing at 2017/03/13, 14:51:31 - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46164688dee
    (Acid's cap wwk - WW 81 to 43)


    UNEX still has some viable hammers left. Where thy will target is a mystery. Yesterday they managed to zero Acid's capital (ofc after he launched, landed and send out the standing def) and failed to chief CP nonecap. There are a lot of empty target they can hit successfully for sure but only a few worthy target which WE care.
    I had to leave travian in the mid of this server....In my absence my team mates played better than me in the account, Hats off to my team mates..
    Its unfortunate that our account lost approx 9k cata in a ghosting....though they manage to stand up again from that scratch.
    To all the teams of this server, very well played guys....Specially to my team "WE"- awsome played guys...

    Com5- Bandidas Com8- Rajinikanth Com5- Cursed Pirate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •