Thread: If you could change one attribute, what would it be?

Default If you could change one attribute, what would it be?

Hi,

reading through the forum and you will come up with so many different opinions on troops and which to build.

Clubs or Axeman EIs or ECs, even TTs or Heads for some people. There are endless debates about troops so I was wondering.

If you were allowed to change 1 attribute of an unit of your wish, what would it be (only one change for the server). The unit must of course be real, and the attribute can be any of the other units in the game (even from the other tribe). We leave out settlers and chiefs/Senators/Chieftains.

The attributes are

- cost
    - crop sonsumption
    - basic building time (with upgrades then)
    - attack
    - infantry defense
    - cavalry defense
    - speed
    - carrying capacity

If I played offensively, I would give my Club the speed of the TTs.

If I played defensively, I would give my spearman the infantry defense of a Druidrider.

That's a nice topic actually and a very good wide question.

I Think i'd personally put my Attribute change into Axemen, Making them a bit more popular in this game, since now due to their comparison with clubs, its very rare to actually see an axeman hammer. I would keep the Cost and Consumption the same, as well as defense and carrying capacity, and i would probably Decrease their training time or increase their Attack, to make them slightly stronger than clubs ( per hour ) That would actually be something a bit tricky for raiding teutons, because they are now raiding with a slower unit and a less capacity carrying unit, but 1) Teuton hammers are now slightly stronger, their crop consumption is also lowered by a lot, and people will now really have to consider which one to train.

Regarding Teutonic Knights, i would give them a bit more speed, they are toooo slow for such a role compared to Romans or Gauls. Maybe an increase from 9 Tiles to 12 would be pretty good

For Gauls, I think rarely people play them offensively due to how weak their cavalry are, TTs are one if not the best raider in the game due to its speed and carrying capacity, but their attack is pretty mediocre. Yes they are great ghosting units ... but its t4 who is even able to ghost anymore. Regarding Haeduan as well, 1540 Attack per hour for 3 crops per horse is pretty unfair for them compared to TKS or EIs/ECs. More than 400 points difference with TKS (with brewery) and 400 by 750! with the Roman horses ( With HDT ) So maybe a small boost in Haeduan's attack power would get the gauls back into training hammers.

With Romans, i think the Tribe is well balanced, but i consider the EI's a bit too fast, for such a strong unit that they are, with HDT, and being also one of the best raiders, Ei's are the best horse units in the game currently, and First or second best unit in the whole game alongside the Clubswingers. Compared to TKs' for example, they both have the same starting offense power of 180, and will stay approximately equal with Brewery activated and HDT to 20. But, consumption of Crop is cut down, Speed is a massive 14! Carrying Capacity 100! like .. Fnx I know you love Ei's but Come on ....... :P
    So yea Romans in Good hands are simply Deadly.

I know my opinion really support Teutons <3 but yea 8 years of teutons basically turned me into a clubswinger

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kyrill View Post
    That's a nice topic actually and a very good wide question.

It was actually just something that came to my mind. There so much debate about the original troops that I was curious to know, what players would change if they had one change to make to start the server.

I Think i'd personally put my Attribute change into Axemen, Making them a bit more popular in this game, since now due to their comparison with clubs, its very rare to actually see an axeman hammer. I would keep the Cost and Consumption the same, as well as defense and carrying capacity, and i would probably Decrease their training time or increase their Attack, to make them slightly stronger than clubs ( per hour ) That would actually be something a bit tricky for raiding teutons, because they are now raiding with a slower unit and a less capacity carrying unit, but 1) Teuton hammers are now slightly stronger, their crop consumption is also lowered by a lot, and people will now really have to consider which one to train.

Yeah, the debate between Clubs and Axeman seems to be a never ending one.

Regarding Teutonic Knights, i would give them a bit more speed, they are toooo slow for such a role compared to Romans or Gauls. Maybe an increase from 9 Tiles to 12 would be pretty good

Well, then give them the max speed there is. So a TK with the speed of a TT.

For Gauls, I think rarely people play them offensively due to how weak their cavalry are, TTs are one if not the best raider in the game due to its speed and carrying capacity, but their attack is pretty mediocre.

Yeas, the attack power of an EI on your TT and you have probably the best cavalry in the game.

Yes they are great ghosting units ... but its t4 who is even able to ghost anymore. Regarding Haeduan as well, 1540 Attack per hour for 3 crops per horse is pretty unfair for them compared to TKS or EIs/ECs. More than 400 points difference with TKS (with brewery) and 400 by 750! with the Roman horses ( With HDT ) So maybe a small boost in Haeduan's attack power would get the gauls back into training hammers.

With Romans, i think the Tribe is well balanced, but i consider the EI's a bit too fast, for such a strong unit that they are, with HDT, and being also one of the best raiders, Ei's are the best horse units in the game currently, and First or second best unit in the whole game alongside the Clubswingers. Compared to TKs' for example, they both have the same starting offense power of 180, and will stay approximately equal with Brewery activated and HDT to 20. But, consumption of Crop is cut down, Speed is a massive 14! Carrying Capacity 100! like .. Fnx I know you love Ei's but Come on ....... :P
    So yea Romans in Good hands are simply Deadly.

I guess reducing crop consumption to just 1 crop per EI would be awesome. How about EIs at the cost of a club?

I know my opinion really support Teutons <3 but yea 8 years of teutons basically turned me into a clubswinger
    Pretty weird how just one change on one unit can make this game so much different. But after all, its just a little "dreaming" and thinking about it.