Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Incompetant

Community Manager Templar Knight's Avatar

Accusing someone of cheating and discussing specific ingame bans are 2 different things.

I have left this thread go as it is so that it can be used to help change things for the better. As I have said in other posts, stay within the rules of the forum and a post will remain.

This thread in itself is borderline on what they used to allow but I see it as an avenue to learn what problems there is and hope that I can help you get things fixed for the better. Customer service is everything no matter what business you are in so follow forum rules and just note that if I see something that may be out of line then I will remove it or edit it. I am not passing out any penalties unless someone just posts stupid stuff.

So keep the discussion going if you wish but let's stay on the topic, no flaming and no discussion about specific bans.

Let me also say that thru experience. If you are not on an account that has been banned then you do not have any first hand knowledge of what is really going on. So speculating about what you heard took place or not took place is only hearsay and really does nothing to add to this conversation.

Let me also add....I started playing Travian at the end of 2007. Have played every year since then so can understand about the cheating and other stuff that happens here. I began working on this forum in 2014 and have seen plenty of the same threads started and even about some of the same players banned. It is an endless cycle that never stops. People cheat and then lie to others about their cheating. So without 1st hand knowledge then you really do not know.

Customer service is spotty hence this thread and discussion. You know in time customer service will be improved as the right people work to get things done. Big question I have is who is going to fix all those who will always cheat because they have no confidence in their own skill?
    If you need a little help with game play Legend Answers

If you are nervous about your post Forum Rules

Keep the MH's at bay by knowing the Game Rules

Natarian Knight

We are not discussing particular bans, we are discussing TG policy on the issue. The rules we know, but they are not always clear. I see no reason for "not your business" policy regarding bans, especially when "guilty" party requesting the information. It creates frustration and anger.

Thorned Warrior

I haven't been banned at all. Punished only with a nice 'here you are'.
    Just to point that out. (wait)
    Last edited by Schmitz' Katze; 11.03.2017 at 21:29.
    Lotte@Heckmeck! roa.com

@Ele.....TG cannot get on these forums and carry out a conversation with someone about a specific ban.
    This is done for privacy laws that do exists and dictate how COMPANIES must handle situations like that.

So if a guilty or not guilty party comes here on the forum posting about their ban then he will be told that he needs to stay in contact with the MH for their server and the issue will be handled via the appropriate email system that is currently used for that.

So TG policy is very clear on this. No bans can be discussed on the forum or with any party who are not directly connected to the account which was banned.

This discussion is about the length of time or duration it is taking for the situation to be resolved. This part is good to talk about here because then Travian Top Dogs themselves see it being discussed. If you feel they will not then I can say you are incorrect. I am the one who gives it to them.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    This discussion is about the length of time or duration it is taking for the situation to be resolved.
    I actually re-read the OP. And I read it differently. dazzum questions the attitude as a whole, not only these (intended) 24 hr-delays between replies. 'resolved' is rather euphemistic btw.

//edit: and apology, Templar Knight, i sound somewhat snidy. I know you are not the one to blame for what we are just experiencing with com staff.
    Last edited by Schmitz' Katze; 11.03.2017 at 23:04.
    Lotte@Heckmeck! roa.com

@Ele

So if a guilty or not guilty party comes here on the forum posting about their ban ;

)
    Wasn't it about the problems to get the information in the correspondence with MH and the long time between each message? Not about to post it here.

A newspaper about Travian since 2009

Natarian Knight

@Ele.....TG cannot get on these forums and carry out a conversation with someone about a specific ban.
    This is done for privacy laws that do exists and dictate how COMPANIES must handle situations like that.
    Why? I understand discussion of particular bans during a server may be not good thing to do. But why TG can't create a discussion with examples? Without naming names, not even discussion maybe, just informative section that an account was banned because such in such violation after the case was closed? Why TG does not feel a need to talk to us at all, not just about bans, but about changes in game as well?

For example (I'm trying to move away from current bans) rule #1 was enforced on several servers not that long ago, many of us, myself included, cheered for it. However, it was not flawless, there are several clear cases then a mistake was made by MH, which I, personally, also can understand given the amount of work. 1) It was never announced that policy on that particular rule has changed and that particular rule is very grey area, it's team game, it's really hard to draw the line between an account and an alliance benefit 2) I would REALLY like to know if the cases I mentioned as mistake were reviewed by a supervisor (complaints were sent) and either justified or admitted as a mistake 3) if a mistake I would REALLY like to hear that players at very least got an apology and the gold they spent back. In the fields I am in, if customer complains we must go through the certain process, review and resolve the complain AND respond to the customer. We require the same from our vendors. I understand gaming industry is not that heavily regulated, but there must be something, right now it's a black hole. I have never heard TG admitting a mistake by MH and never apologized for them.
    Most importantly, policy can be and should be changed if it does not work for the customers. It can and should be discussed somewhere, somehow, but all we are getting is "our policy is such and such, we don't care to explain you more, just eat it".

§3. Use of external programs
    Travian: Legends must be played using an unmodified, conventional browser. The use of scripts and/or bots to automate actions on the account or to resemble premium features is forbidden.

My question here is, can i use modifed chrome browser, or do i need to download brand new browser and play on it?

I hope you all agree that official rules are not as defiening as we would all like.

Another great example:

§1. Account
    §1.1 Each player may only own and play one account per game world. An account must always be played for its own benefit. Accounts that exist solely for the benefit of other accounts may be permanently banned.

On my domain (Slovenia) CM stated that garages (storages) are allowed in Travian. I do have a question though, how can than that account on which i garage let's say 100k of my troops be played in it's own benefit, and not in my benefit? Same goes for private farms.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jure199 View Post
    §3. Use of external programs
    Travian: Legends must be played using an unmodified, conventional browser. The use of scripts and/or bots to automate actions on the account or to resemble premium features is forbidden.

My question here is, can i use modifed chrome browser, or do i need to download brand new browser and play on it?
    You can have stuff on your browser. You just cannot have or use add ons, extensions, scripts or bots to automate or make automatic any Travian actions.

People always throw Getters out there as an example. Getter does not automate any actions in Travian. This rule is clearly defined and I think 99% of the players know exactly what is meant by this. Things that launch your troops, give you gold/resources or make any action happen in your account without you clicking those buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jure199 View Post

Another great example:

§1. Account
    §1.1 Each player may only own and play one account per game world. An account must always be played for its own benefit. Accounts that exist solely for the benefit of other accounts may be permanently banned.

On my domain (Slovenia) CM stated that garages (storages) are allowed in Travian. I do have a question though, how can than that account on which i garage let's say 100k of my troops be played in it's own benefit, and not in my benefit? Same goes for private farms.

Best regards
    If you ask that player to garage your troops then that is okay. If you create a second account on the server for you to use as a garage is against the rules since you would then be playing multi accounts. Private farms are the same. If you ask someone if you can farm their resources and they agree then that is allowed. If you create a second account to farm your private farm that is not. Once again multi account.

So if you arrive on a server with a team and members of your team have agreed to hold your troops or feed you resources then that is allowed. If you create accounts other then your own then that is illegal. If you ask to sit someone and then take their stuff and they have not agreed then that is illegal.

Ok there are a few things that i would like to say here, some supporting the moderators and some against the moderators and i will be quick to add that this is my opinion and that i make this statement with the intent to benefit the game that we all know and love.
    Firstly i'll agree with some of what dazum has to say. On a previous server i was banned by a moderator by the name...umm lets say 'blaze-cyclone', for the reason of multi-accounting. I was furious about this because the other account in question was my girlfriends who was playing as a personal defender to me. We used the same IP address and for the first half of the server we used separate computers but when she was not able to bring her work laptop home she started using my desktop, shortly after this we were both banned. I was furious because across both account we had put in hundreds of hours and probably 200-300 dollars. Not only did this moderator not listen to our reasoning, this person was the ONLY person that was involved in the dispute. I wrote to amino, to tschena, the support account in game and i even wrote a number of emails to Travian games gmbh. Through all of this only 'blaze-cyclone' dealt with the matter and we were trying to get a third party involved. This is too much power for a PAID game, as a customer we have rights if it were a free game things might be different.
    Secondly i want to support the developers and moderators because there is a lot of cheating that goes on. I'm looking around the quad and seeing heaps of cheating going on. The account in question in this thread was definitely cheating, there's no doubt about that, even all the way back to the beginning of the round. The speed at which that player grew and the raiding income that they had (for a gaul) pointed to something dodgy going on there. This will lead me into my third and most important point.
    The developers need to remove the advantage cheating gives players. This sounds simple enough but it isn't ill grant you that. I've been playing this game for around a decade and have seen all the changes that have been made and if you ask me Mr Travian was on the right path when he created 'Imperion'. The changes to the gameplay in that game negated a lot of what cheaters benefit from, which is mainly farming. It would seem odd to imagine travian without farming/plundering upon a raid wouldn't it, what if instead of plundering resources the players earn XP which in turn gets used to upgrade all sorts of things, the smithy is a simple upgrading building in comparison to the research facility in imperion. Also Imperions final incarnation didnt have a cap in the stockyards. My capital atm requires me to wake up early to npc because the overflow only takes 4 hours.
    Cheating is about someone having an unfair advantage is it not. Well dosent an account that has a dual have an unfair advantage over an account just being run by one person, furthermore what about the players access to a PC at work, i used to be in a job where i worked for 3 nights and then had 4 days off and i had heaps of time to play this game even whilst at work i could easily check the account every hour. Now i work in a factory where i dont have easy access to a PC and its 5 days a week so when you take into consideration 8 hours at work, 8 hours of sleep and probably another 2-3 hours doing other miscellaneous stuff like driving there isnt a lot of time to put into the game. However a player who works a desk job and has duals would have a lot more time to put into the account. Wouldn't this account have an unfair advantage over mine. Therefore try to balance the game by it not requiring as much online time, learn from what the scripts/bots offer by having a better trade route system, better build order system (like master builder but better and...cheaper), open up the capacity of storage so that the normal capacity of warehouses is that of the GW/GG and much like some other games dont allow a player to be completely liquidated whilst there offline. I'm not the biggest fan of clash of clans but i have played it and in that game once a player has been hit they have a shield for 12 hours in addition to that if they have 100,000 resources the attacker is only able to plunder a small portion of it (around 20-30% i think). Look at the attrition rate in this game 10,000 players start the round but only 2k will finish it because if they get smashed early on they throw in the towel. I know T5 tried to combat that issue but it didnt go down so great in the community (T5 was a whole lot of hand holding if you ask me).
    I know I'm probably just rambling now but out of what ive said above there has to be at least one good thing travian could implement to balance the game. e.g the shield. Once a player has been smashed and all the vultures move in for the easy resources they get a constant flow of raids coming in from players farm lists and if they arnt online when the raids happen there's little they can do about it and eventually turn into a farm or delete. So how about a 4-6 hour shield after any attacks. In short you need to balance the game in such away that high online presence does not equal a dominant account.
    Lastly Please bring back IMPERION as i believe it was the superior game to travian (for those who didnt play it, it was like travian in space or travian crossed with star wars)
    Last edited by ferrari; 12.03.2017 at 13:26.