Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Incompetant

Guardsman

dazum, i totaly agree with everything you have said..
    since the new owners of travian.when they bought it in 2010. and in financial trouble in 2011..when they started to do away with the 2.5 server, when cheating was almost non existant..
    since they introduced 3.6.their player base has lost 1000`s, as players do not want to play with hero`s and oases...= lost revenue, so they invented T4to claw back lost said revenue. = even more players lost. the cheating has only got worse since.

i have posted in the idea`s section recomendations on how to make 2.5 server an even better game to play..which will bring back lots more players.
    otherwise travian will be dead in a few years.
    Last edited by J Browning; 16.01.2017 at 21:50.

Community Manager Templar Knight's Avatar

Hello Everyone

Just to clarify....Travian is still owned by the same person who actually invented the game. It has not been sold to anyone nor changed hands. Same owner since 2004 when Travian was rolled out.

If you need a little help with game play Legend Answers

If you are nervous about your post Forum Rules

Keep the MH's at bay by knowing the Game Rules

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    Hello Everyone

Just to clarify....Travian is still owned by the same person who actually invented the game. It has not been sold to anyone nor changed hands. Same owner since 2004 when Travian was rolled out.

.... " new owners of travian.when they bought it in 2010. "
    i read that statement on the internet while researching travian servers, a week ago,
    otherwise i would not have included it in my post.
    and now i cannot find it..

Well, no one bought it, still same company with the same owners. I missed that part, yes.

Pikeman

I completly agree to everything you said dazum.
    I was in contact with MH and CM on a daily basis due to an unjustified ban. They pretty much ignored any questions I raised, refused to provide me non critical information and finally applied the punishment while I was still incontact with them.
    When I asked them why neither MH, CM or SCM ever mentioned the ban will be executed anyways, I didnt even get a reply. So I sent another mail to all three of them, again, 2 people didnt even reply and CM just replied something not even related to my questions.
    I sent them like 20 mails within a week. Wrote essay-like emails and even spoke to former MHs to make sure I can provide the admins the sort of information they need.
    Funny fact, they usually waited like 23h 30min to reply to my requests. These "replies" normally were 1-2 lines and didnt really refer to my questions or points that I've raised.
    I do understand that they wont provide me technical details which could be abused, but not even a tiny bit of information..? Comeon guys.. You can do better than that.
    On the other side, some people multi and cheat like there is no tomorrow, but they remain untouched by admins, no matter how much evidence we send them. I even got skype chats, where they make fun of it and admit they are cheating and that they know admins wont touch them.
    I've made great experiences with admins on German or Australien servers. But the staff on com is litterall killing these servers.
    Its sad how a great game like travian doesnt even seem to care about feedback or requests. Its us, the players, who keep buying the gold. The moment I realized not even the complaints departement seems to care (he answered 2 out of 5 mails - great job!) i lost faith. I've played many servers during the last 9-10 years and I remember the glorious com days where every single day was challenging and fun. But as a result of this incompetence, none from our team will ever come back to this domain after they witnessed how we got backstabbed and ignored by this admin crew. And it wasnt just us who got shut down for very shadyreasons.
    @Ameno: I wont call any names of the people involved here. But I still have all the emails, in case you want me to forward them to you.
    Last edited by Jabbah; 20.01.2017 at 12:15.

well said Jabbah...I cannot tell everything my team was victim of lately but i can tell you that we were victim of the same pattern regarding Travian team acting , emails and answers they gave to us...and we asking thoughts to MHs from other servers in others countries and they were supporting us with the way we were justifying our proofs about all the situations .It is not normal that the Travian's rules are not the same on all servers ---> countries should not matter at all.

Cheating is international so Travian should fight and apply the same rules for all.
    There is no way to be proud to win by cheating --->skills matter always.

my 2 cents once again

Thorned Warrior

Sad, but I have to 100% agree with dazum's words. They fit to what we have experienced on .com servers. It's quite similiar to Jabbah's story.

We, playing one of the top accounts on that server, had been banned for some reason which we could not understand (and which shall not be discussed here, I know about forum rules ). We asked for reasons right away and sent... dunno... lots of igms which were answered 24 hours later. It took us almost two days to find out the reason for being banned.

We sent long igms, explained things, asked for answers but got only 2-3 sentences that were neither fitting to what we had written nor convincing in any way. We then approached admin and later complaint@traviangames.com.

While discussing matters the reason for our ban was suddenly changed. Banned for insult in the beginning we were now accused of "not being polite" towards other players.

Then we were suddenly unbanned and punished without notification or agreement, though we still insisted that we could not see what we had done wrong at all. Moreover: we kept on stating in every igm that we would do what we had been banned for any time again.
    We were told that our agreement wasn't necessary for punishment, case had been closed. And we were told not to send any messages again, we would not get any more reply anyway. This last igm was signed by the com-admin.

Although we still cannot understand what we had been banned for at all this is not the focus of my post. I am playing this game for 7 years now and I know that the majority of players who have been banned feel (or pretend to be) innocent. You would never hear someone say "Oh, alright. I've deserved it!" in public forum.

What I am up to is to discuss questions like: Is it necessary to ban an account right before you won't reply for the following 24 hours? Is it necessary to leave every following igm unanswered for another 24 hours? Why not answer to the questions the player raises but stick to text blocks instead that make players feel get laughed at?
    And where is the difficulty in admitting that even MH is not perfect? Why decide to just unban, punish and ignore when players' questions are getting uncomfortable?
    Last edited by Schmitz' Katze; 21.01.2017 at 23:47.

Pikeman

Looks like all the issues get swept under the carpet as usual.

RIP Travian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ameno View Post
    Well, actually I don't (not that I can figure it out, but still). My sphere of interest is only forum, I am not involved in bans in any way. But I'll have to remind you, that complaining on forum about ingame bans is not the efficient way to solve your problem, honestly. Talk to Customer Service Representative (and here you need to be as specific as possible), if you are not satisfied with her answer, try writing message to complaint@traviangames.com

This is how handling those issues work. Complaining on forum doesn't help in that case. You can complain on forum only about what's happening on forum, any ideas how to make it more live and to create more discussions are more than welcome.
    well, I, as one, can say that talking to any "customer service representative" won't help. I did, and they did not even bother to reply to me.

1rst : anyone who has read the Terms and Conditions will know that we, paying users, are only users and NOT customers.

2nd : the Ingame Multihunters, or I should even say: Travian Games as a whole team is much of a "you'll get it deep inside, pal" team towards their users.

Just read the terms... It's all in there !

So, as a conclusion : I, previously known as a paying "user", stopped playing completely. Too bad : Travian lost a 500 euros yearly paying slave...

I came to read this post because a friend of mine told me about it and since it is my last chance to say something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ameno View Post
    Well, actually I don't (not that I can figure it out, but still). My sphere of interest is only forum, I am not involved in bans in any way. But I'll have to remind you, that complaining on forum about ingame bans is not the efficient way to solve your problem, honestly. Talk to Customer Service Representative (and here you need to be as specific as possible), if you are not satisfied with her answer, try writing message to complaint@traviangames.com

This is how handling those issues work. Complaining on forum doesn't help in that case. You can complain on forum only about what's happening on forum, any ideas how to make it more live and to create more discussions are more than welcome.
    Well, if anyone takes the bother to look at the Terms and Conditions, you will see that even heavy golders are NOT customers, but merely "users" and that gold does not confer (in theory) any advantage other that premium features - that is : when they work properly.

Whenever you write to the Customer service, you don't get any answer. Same thing with the complain service.

You are NEVER given the benefit of the doubt : you are judged and sentenced at the same time, and no matter how much you can plea, since you cannot prove that you didn't cheat, you are doomed.

So, after a lot of money (I played at least 35 servers as a paying "user"), I decided now was the time to quit this game. I came to say what I meant after a friend told me about this post.

And you : "users" of Travian, do not expect this team to treat you with the respect you should deserve : you will only be served a milking cow treatment.

Think about it : how many times did you complain about a bug and were told that it was a normal behaviour ? Hero not completing an adventure, reports without any troops on them, reports deleted from archive, and so forth ?

How many of you got a double penalty on a ban : 1st the actual penalty, then the unbanning in the middle of the night ? Not to mention, of course, the MH replying to you only after 24 hours, 3 days in a row, even though there are only 334 active players on the server ?

Did you only know that for example, scripts and bots are not humanly detected, but that this activity is delegated to a... script ?

You are not supposed to use a modified browser, but TG allow themselves to modify your browser's behaviour (where is the semi automatic filling of the form fields if you don't use gold ?).

There are a lot of other facts which made me stop playing. I regret it. Travian is a taking game, but too much is too much and I don't tolerate injustice.
    Past com servers : finals, com10, com2 -com1-com5 (WILD!), com4 (IM)