View Poll Results: I like more...

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scattered Empire version

3 10.34%
  • Rise of Alliances version

26 89.66%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scattered Empire or Rise of Alliances?

Default Scattered Empire or Rise of Alliances?

Hi all.

Small question for you. I ask those who's playing Rise of Alliances now and have played Scattered Empire one. Which version do you prefer more? What would you like to be changed maybe? Some input and feedback is highly welcomed.

Please, post your thoughts here so that I could talk about that to the devs.

Cheers, Ameno

Pikeman

ROA is a great idea. Scattered Empire is a better application of that idea. ROA leans heavily towards the side of advanced users and alliances. Regional unlocking serves to trap beginners and slower starters within the grips of the stronger players. While I am personally ok with this, since ive played over 8 years, i think it severely handicaps new players and limits the growth potential of the player base. New players will not stick around in a game that is so heavily stacked against them. At least with Scattered Empires, these lower and mid level players have the opportunity to spread to a region where they will have a chance to grow their account and develop their skills. Thus making the game more enjoyable for themselves and others. Either way, continue to leave the cauldron out of the equation.

Pikeman

I dislike the Scattered Empire for it's graphics (I've played it only 2 minutes)
    Maybe you could add more regions in RoA version . NE regions has very few regions you can control (there is only Russia). Even North Africa has more.
    Maybe you could add a gold system for non-gold users or those who aren't using gold so much. For example players from top 10 should get gold depending on what rank they finished the week.
    What I am saying is that there should be a balance between gold and non-gold users. Travian should stop running for their own profit. I know you are only an administrator here and you are doing your job but tell your higher ''bosses'' to stop ruining this game. There is a lot of inbalance in this version. Gold abusers can come with monstrous hammers and ''break your spirit and desire to play''
    Last edited by Raelag; 18.12.2016 at 19:19.

Pikeman

Raelag.... I think your idea is outstanding and i hope that the Dev's listen. I guess I am considered a golder... but I think that there is indeed a VERY clear imbalance when it comes to gold vs non gold accounts. The ability of a new user to overcome or even approach this gap is severely limited. I think it has contributed greatly to the loss of player base and the growth of player base. All over the internet I see ads for games that boast that they are not "pay to win or pay to play" games. Travian needs to reconnect to this idea.

Pikeman

I can be considered a golder too. I buy gold, but not so much like other players, I consider them gold-abusers. I'm using gold only to NPC and use instantly build for high resources fields. I miss classic version where gold is used only for NPC and instantly build and not for other stupid things (like buying items in T4).
    Travian started to lose players after they changed to T4, then they lost even more players after they changed spawn rate of the animals from oasis. Who knows what are they going to do next. Buy a completed village with gold ?
    Sorry for off-topic.

Pikeman

Well, last SE with the cauldron.... people could BUY an army basically. So, not too far off topic at all. I merged a lot last server and did some things because we could merge cata and ram. It was both awesome, and shameful that it could be done.

Pikeman

I shouldnt mention the cauldron though, i dont want to trigger Ele. :P

Thorned Warrior

Why no option for Ancient Europe version?
    These versions far too heavily advantage alliances.
    why would you join a server when there's no chance of getting an arty?
    A decent player has no chance of getting an arty or making a difference.

I dislike the whole regions thing for unlocking artys.
    Forwarding is great
    Merging/Incorporating not so great.
    natars are redundant in SE but they still spawn troops

Good question. I love to see TG asking for feedback.

I voted RoA. Scattered Empires had nothing that was better than what RoA does. The map is still the same (surprisingly) and they both have the good features of forwarding, artifact use and push towards smaller team-play. The worst aspect of WW servers was the continued push to bigger and bigger alliances. Here, having 200-400 accounts united does not offer the same degree of benefit as the same amount would in WW servers. Just look at how Lords are travelling for example.

Better points in RoA.

- No hero items.
    - No cata merge
    - No golderon.
    - Locked regions. Stop teams moving out on mass to the boonies and simming.

As User Name said. What about Ancient Europe? Its been forgotten about and had some good features also.
    I had quit this game prior. Am now back on ruthless account. Hello to all.

Both of them have one major thing in common
    If you use gold you are the boss here
    I dont use gold alot so i find it difficult to compete with my friends even
    But i voted this one because atleast i came this far unlike scattered empire where i was thrown back because of a large enormous army of a gold guy

But you admins might be earning more in scattered empire this is for sure