View Poll Results: I like more...

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scattered Empire version

3 10.34%
  • Rise of Alliances version

26 89.66%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scattered Empire or Rise of Alliances?

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by freetime View Post
    everybody can wait about 1-2 hours sending out his settlers.
    may I ask if you actually were involve in settling planning for any server?

Nobody knows exactly where to go, there are still croppers to sort out. But croppers are more tactic than strategy.

Even solo people would have there preferences, choice of activation time etc if there is more info in advance. And once again, the version is called Raise of Alliances. Why solo players should have advantages?

Thorned Warrior

Locked regions also promotes not choosing a cropper as a second village.

I was only on a normal server, so please dont take my ideas as attacking your skills. I may underestimate the affect of Rise of Alliances extremely. Still I would interpret the name as the trend to form alliances for getting better results, not planning exactly, where you can settle in the first hour and where you should not settle (pro tip NE).

If you want to start as a preformed team I completely understand this and won't criticize that at all, but you can find out who is how active and what croppers they prefer without knowing the map. (As far as I know the croppers are still random every round, therefore you can't plan those before anyway)

Solo players have no advantages in the idea I brought up, if I'm mistaken please specify it
    Last edited by freetime; 21.12.2016 at 23:05.

Thorned Warrior

ROA is not for solo players.
    Indeed it advantageously favours alliances and pre-formed alliances even greater.
    Pre-formed alliances are nothing new though.

The alliances bonuses are vastly unbalanced,huge amounts of res needed for very little gain.
    How many millions of res needed for just 1 second of quicker training time?
    Or to be able to carry an extra 100 res etc etc

If an alliance is going to spend that much resources on any bonus it should be a much better reward.

Thank you for your information. I forwarded it to the devs.

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by freetime View Post
    Locked regions also promotes not choosing a cropper as a second village.

I was only on a normal server, so please dont take my ideas as attacking your skills. I may underestimate the affect of Rise of Alliances extremely. Still I would interpret the name as the trend to form alliances for getting better results, not planning exactly, where you can settle in the first hour and where you should not settle (pro tip NE).

If you want to start as a preformed team I completely understand this and won't criticize that at all, but you can find out who is how active and what croppers they prefer without knowing the map. (As far as I know the croppers are still random every round, therefore you can't plan those before anyway)

Solo players have no advantages in the idea I brought up, if I'm mistaken please specify it
    I don't see you post as an attack, I just want to understand there 2 hours coming from. I'm very well aware that I'm not the greatest player. I also know that the only way to improve my performance/skills is to spend more time playing which I have no desire to do, the opposite actually and the one way to do it is to have more information, TG somehow think this is not needed and posts like yours encourage them to continue such practice.

1. Delayed settling capital is putting your account behind, only very good raiders can afford such delay, but they, not surprisingly, have very little interest in locked, i.e. underpopulated regions. yes, it's possible to settle a capital later because of locked regions, but at the same time the value of already available croppers increases.

2. Yes, you underestimate the time that is required for planning. TG is not good at posting any information. No map of the regions that you can work with have been even posted. It takes hours to draft a path as a strategic plan for an alliance and on ROA settlers are ready to go right away. Result of unknown map for any preformed alliance would be delay in settling, I have very little doubt about it. One account will be settled to pull out data and everyone else will wait till at least a quad is decided. For me, as a part of leadership, that means I would have to be on-line at the time server starts and several hours after, under a pressure of eager to go team members.
    I don't understand desire to go blindly at all, it's not regular servers where quads are equal in terms of artefacts. Solo players will gain nothing, players who have ambition to start new ally will gain nothing. It will only add frustration for players and leaders of preset alliances.

3. By getting the map published I did not mean croppers map, not sure where it came from. I mean the map of the regions.

4. You are saying it's good because it reduces advantage of pre-set teams, which is the same thing as giving advantage to solo players.

Default no doubts

scattered empire is the best travian version ever played and all things added were fun

- artifacts could be used by anyone in the alliance after region were conquerred
    - cauldron help not top raiders players with instant troops and reso
    - fowarding troops to all alliance players without retunrning back to home is very fun
    - merging troops id helpfull for all players to made a decent hammer to use
    game dont get boring as is needed a great team play to settle new region once last one is taken then wont get boring

Hi. Thanks for all the comments. The last ones were also forwarded.