Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travian debate: Axemen vs. clubswinger

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kyrill View Post
    What Advantage would you gain if you switch to building axeman in barracks, you're now lowering your attack production per hour with that, and you now can't equip either the club of the clubwinger, nor the axe of the axeman, but you're not forced with the sword of the TK which gives less bonus than either of the infantry if trained fully
    well, about what you gain, a large pure club hammer consume too much wheat. Somebody already prooved mathematically that after 80 days or something like that, axes would be cheaper then the clubs considering the less food they eat. I cant tell you if it's true, but i just know it by expierence that the upkeep of a club army is tough, especially when you have to stop the raids and attack.

if by saying "equip" you mean the weaponry, well, by the time i start to produce axes, clubs are already maxed, and all i have to do is to work on the axes and the TKs

He means the hero weapons. And yes they are cheaper to feed, but you lose attack power.

Animis opibusque parati
    Latest server: SGC @ com1 - http://i.imgur.com/PDGiaoa.jpg | Current: on hiatus

Guardsman

I really believe that a person who thinks Clubs are the best raider in game "arguably better and competing with TTs" should not be eligible to start a discussion like this >_< Let me surprise you here - Neither of them are the best raiding units in game. The best raiding unit is Romans Equites Imperatoris (EI). If you want to calculate the best raiding unit in game - you calculate the speed + capacity + training time + (the more pro players will understand this part) Attack power.
    EIs -> Greater attack power than TTs, Training Time, Capacity - only beaten in Speed
    EIs -> Greater attack power than Clubs, Capacity, much higher speed, and only beaten in quantity (training time)
    Even if the other newbies neglect the attack power - Romans EIs still come on top.
    I mean lol, clubs take almost 6 hrs time to exit and return from the tournament square region.
    The only short coming of EIs is the fact that they're expensive and therefore Romans usually don't show up in top ten raiders in the first 3-4 weeks. But afterwards Romans Snowball.

(and this discussion of axeman vs Clubs is meaningless. Clubs are better if you want to go aggressive due to quick attack/hr you get and since it's cheaper. And they're still better if you want to go for a wwk due to more attack power. Now if you don't want to play a tribe to its max potential - go ahead with axeman.)
    Quote Originally Posted by AbounA View Post
    i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by fnx View Post
    EIs -> Greater ... Training Time ...
    Let me susprize you instead Actually, it is faster to build 2 TTs (base farming unit) than 2 EIs.

Natarian Knight

It can be a simple choice.

Axeman if you are concerned about crop (i.e solo player building large standing hammer).

Clubs are cheap, produce more attack power/time, and are better for raiding since they pay back faster.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by leron View Post
    Let me susprize you instead Actually, it is faster to build 2 TTs (base farming unit) than 2 EIs.
    Sry - no surprises there for me. You're wrong. EIs training time = 4:45, TTs = 5:35. This is without the helmet. Ofc those noobs who don't play Romans have no clue that Romans got a building called Horse Drinking Trough.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbounA View Post
    i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by fnx View Post
    Sry - no surprises there for me. You're wrong. EIs training time = 4:45, TTs = 5:35. This is without the helmet. Ofc those noobs who don't play Romans have no clue that Romans got a building called Horse Drinking Trough.
    Yup, my mistake