Thread: No competition, no challenge, no rivals?

Guardsman

Default No competition, no challenge, no rivals?

Good day my bored fellow players,

I am a representative of the (by far) best German alliance. We, as in our little German alliance, played the beta RoA test server on the .com and naturally we dominated there as well. Although we were not even 20 players and our “enemies” had a full alliance at their disposal.

From my point of view one of the biggest, maybe the single biggest problem with Travian right now is, that there are not enough players. If we stay on the German server we already know EVERY single player active player (we are talking about ~100 players here who still play this game on an at least semi-competitive level and maybe 10 ppl who play competitive. ).

So, what I propose:

I am going to post in every Travian forum a challenge that at least one alliance from there, preferable one of the better alliances, comes to the .UK RoA server. If we manage to only snatch 30-50 active player from every other Travian domain the .UK world is EXPLODING. So many active players you haven't see in years on one single server. Finally we can use diplomacy again, having real fights with (hopeful) equal opponents and tactic will play a role again!

Which nations are going to receive this challenge?
    Czech Republic
    Germany (we already send our best team)
    Denmark
    UK (Well, since we play on .uk we will face their best alliances anyway)
    France
    Netherlands (they are already there, hey twaaalf monkeys)
    Norway
    Italy
    Poland
    Romania (Well, we met in the 8x speed, you remember Effeucheur? )
    Russia (I really have hope for these folks. I really don't even mind if they cheat, at least that way they might proof to be a challenge)
    Spain
    Slovenia
    Sweden
    Turkey
    USA

Just imagine if only one single alliance leader in all these domains has the guts to play on .UK instead of their boring, little home-server. In no time we have sooo many active alliances battling there.

The .UK RoA Birthday server starts on Wednesday, 07.09.2016

If you read that and are slightly interested in having a demanding server full of other active players from all around the world, share this thread, please!

And now I am going to look for all these forums, I hope they are all up again.

One last note: Playing RoA with advanced start and the new mechanic really makes Travian more enjoyable. There is much more planing involved than earlier, you can even have long-term strategies. Of course they only make sense if there is an actual opponent. If you only play with semi-active players you don't need all this stuff. So come on guys, let's all join on the .UK server.

Regards
    Schneeente (that's also my Skype nick if you have further questions)

Thorned Warrior

Default Re

Hey Schee.

Big fan after the stunt in Epi, showed us we had gotten a bit to many hours on the sofa and to few in the gym. ;)

Now My question is why not bring this to the com server that Will start a bit later. Cause as it is now Both you and us hold an advantage in terms of game knowlage and planning if we start up on .uk as suggested. So how about giving them that extra week or two of prep to Find Out what they want and should do.

Nif

Thorned Warrior

Default Re:re

Also it would give the other realms Better time to acually debate and consider starting. And please keep us updated on who picks Up their Hammer and anvil and preps for the Fight

Nif

Guardsman

Hey Nif, thank you for your interest!

We debated for days if we start on a .com again, since the Multihunter acted a bit cocky and we weren't sure if we really wanted to go through that again.
    But we sorted that out and our intern poll shows that we could easily start on any server we want to, there is an overwhelming support as long as we stay together.

And now it is decided. We are not going to start on .uk, since sooo many people warned us about this server. It seems it is even less competitive than .com or .de - didn't know that was even possible.

To make a long story short: We are going to start on the .com server to give it another try. Again, not even 30 accounts and we probably won't take randoms into our alliance since they could be spying for you!

Guardsman

And it started:

http://forum.travian.com/showthread.php?t=156766

If you want to stay in the loop.