Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Mode

Default Vacation Mode

Sounds a great idea - quick question though, when it says you can't use the marketplace can you still have trade routes running ? Just thinking about moderate -ve crop situations which could be solved short term with trade routes whilst on a break.

Another quick question, where it says only activate if no incoming troop movements, I assume that includes incoming raids from raiders/attackers ?

Thorned Warrior

Please tell me this new vacation mode is just some twisted joke from TG...

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Hello,

yes, trade routes are possible during the vacation mode. We have received several other questions as well, in many domains, so we will post a Q&A with all of them soon.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by CM Phanttis View Post
    Hello,

yes, trade routes are possible during the vacation mode. We have received several other questions as well, in many domains, so we will post a Q&A with all of them soon.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    thanks phanttis

Quote Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
    If don't have a coplayer... and if I don't trust anyone to sit me... can I use vacantion option to have a free weekend? I'm a gold player... can I unvacation my account after 48hours or I need to wait 72hours?

I want to have only 48 hours-free, sometimes, when I'm going to a party... frome time 2 time.. gold is not a problem...
    Think it said you can "unvacation" for 10 gold

- No incoming troops to his villages / oasis.

Does this mean one's own troops, such as returning from raids? Or does it include incoming attacks/defense? If it includes incoming troops from other players, it would be easy to prevent someone from being able to start vacation mode. Just send cats or reins from 50 hours away, every couple of days.

Natarian Knight

Can someone please provide the link that details what vacation mode is? And no, I don't mean the recent change log. I've already looked over that. Thank you.
    Quietly spamming my way to the top
    Natarian Knight as of 8/29/09 500th post at 13:30 server time
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcat View Post
    I've been.....tired ^.^
    How've you been So Tired? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Terreciel View Post
    - No incoming troops to his villages / oasis.

Does this mean one's own troops, such as returning from raids? Or does it include incoming attacks/defense? If it includes incoming troops from other players, it would be easy to prevent someone from being able to start vacation mode. Just send cats or reins from 50 hours away, every couple of days.
    Yes, that is correct. The requirement for activation is that there are no incoming troops, that includes own and ones sent by enemy. So yes, you can prevent vacation mode for someone, by doing what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by So Tired View Post
    Can someone please provide the link that details what vacation mode is? And no, I don't mean the recent change log. I've already looked over that. Thank you.
    Please tell me the details you would like to hear more about. If I cannot answer then I will forward those to the headquarters and include them in the frequently asked questions -announcement.

The vacation mode will appear to account profile settings as a separate tab. In the tab, you can adjust the duration of the vacation and you will also see how many of the conditions are met.
    Last edited by Phanttis; 04.12.2014 at 10:20.
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Phanttis View Post
    Please tell me the details you would like to hear more about. If I cannot answer then I will forward those to the headquarters and include them in the frequently asked questions -announcement.
    Can you have more than one vacation in a server eg 7 x 3 day vacations or is it one vacation between 3 and 21 days ?

Answers to most common questions and worries are as follows:

With the newest update in Travian we are introducing a new feature for players who need to take a brake from the game for any reason and cannot find sitters for the time they will be offline. That feature was frequently asked for in our surveys.

Of course we also wanted to make sure that the new feature won’t be used to cheat and gain unfair advantage. That’s why we created a set of special rules that only allow player to enter vacation mode when certain conditions are met.

You can start a vacation mode only if:
    - you have no outgoing troops
    - you have no incoming troops to your villages or oasis
    - your troops are not reinforcing another player
    - you don’t have reinforcements from other players
    - you don’t own a WW village
    - you don’t own an artifact
    - you are not in the beginners protection

Those rules means that it’s not possible to hide in vacation mode for example when you are attacked or when you are attacking someone. You also can’t protect Wonder of the World or an artifact for you alliance by using this mode.

So what will happen if you meet those conditions and decide to turn vacation mode on?

First, you have to choose how long it will be. You can use up to 21/speed days of vacation mode during a game round. For example on speed x2 you can use up to 11 days (21/2 = 10.5, rounded to 11). Be careful not to make a mistake here, because once the vacation mode starts, you cannot change its length, unless you use 10 Gold to go out of the mode immediately. If you decide to abort vacation with gold, you will get back all unused days (for example if you start vacation for 10 days and abort it right away, the first day would have already started, so you only get back 9 days). If you don’t abort vacation early, it will finish after the number of days you specified at the start.

During vacation mode:
    • your villages and oasis cannot be attacked
    • other players can see that you have vacation mode enabled
    • your villages may still be added to other player’s raid-lists, but they can’t be raided
    • your troops may starve

you cannot:
    • send troops or receive troops from other players
    • send hero on adventures
    • order new builds
    • order new troops training
    • start celebrations in Town hall or Brewery
    • use Marketplace (with the exception of NPC trade that still works)
    • start new research in Academy
    • start new upgrades in Smithy
    • use auctions
    • join or create new alliance
    • start account deletion
    • set up new trade routes

you can:
    • abort vacation mode at any time with gold
    • exchange silver to gold

Extra info:
    • Daily Rewards points will still reset at the usual time
    • actions you ordered before vacation mode was started will continue as usual (including troop training, builds, Master Builder and already existing trade routes)

We hope you will find the new feature useful. On the other hand, if you decide not to use it, it shouldn’t affect your game much.

Cheers,
    Travian Team

Quote Originally Posted by le_chuck View Post
    Can you have more than one vacation in a server eg 7 x 3 day vacations or is it one vacation between 3 and 21 days ?
    You can have as many of them as you wish to have, and each of them can have different length. The max. duration is divided by server speed so in 3x-speed server, you can only have 7 daya of vacation. The day amount is for the server round, once all vacation days are used, the mode cannot be activated anymore.

If vacation mode is aborted, the "unused" days will be returned to the pool and used later if wanted.

Storing a hammer/anvil army is possible but it requires plenty of planning and also initiating trade routes beforehand. Even though already set traderoutes continue during the vacation, new ones cannot be initiated.
    Last edited by Phanttis; 04.12.2014 at 14:34.