Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacation Mode

Pikeman

Are you guys sure about this? I know I have wanted to see some sort of vacation feature since I started with Travian, but always thought it was impossible to create one without making it exploitable or simply just too bad to use as intended. If we look at what it this update does:

Activating it seems hard. If you have any troops reinforcing someone else, you have to call them back and wait for them to get back home. This can literally take days. And one single fake will stop you.

It seems very exploitable. For instance by an account that only feeds the WW. Also a WW kill that is able to queue enough troops and can feed without raiding. Others can still send resources to you, right? And I fear it is good for people who already cheat with multiple accounts as well, even though I don't see exactly how.

And since it doesnt stop starvation, you still can't leave the game completely, unless you can feed your army without NPCs.

Stupidest update ever.... and there have been a lot of them, but this one wins.

+1 , could not agree more
    Teutonic Steel, Tournament 13-14-15
    Archangels, Dacia, 2011 (com5) - Archangels, WoD, 2010 (com1), Timb3r, ReF/CWL, 2009 (com6) - Arwen in 2008 (com5), Emerik in 2007 (com5), 2006 (com1), 2005 (com1)

I think itīs a rather good idea.

It's a good idea for those like me, who are solo players and not in an alliance. Gotta go away for a few days and it's nice to know that my account isn't going to get smashed as soon as I leave the door.

Trade routes don't seem to be working in Vacation mode though. Just had to spend 10 gold to exit it an hour after entering to feed troops.

Having buttsex with Mel Gibson on a horse at the Battle of Hastings

Quote Originally Posted by Miarlien View Post
    Stupidest update ever.... and there have been a lot of them, but this one wins.
    Indeed. They made quite a lot of weird and pointless updates like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa41 View Post
    If u were made of ice cream u would lick yourself to death

Is there a default time required between vacations? E.g. if I have a vacation of 5 days, do I have to wait a certain amount of time before the next vacation can be taken?