Thread: [ts5] Special Start

Default [ts5] Special Start

Hi,

the server com5, 'ts5' ( as its address is http://ts5.travian.com/ ), will be restarted.

The start is on Monday, September 16, 2013, at 04:00 UTC.
    The preregistration is now open!

Version of the server is T4.2 Birthday Special.
    The speed is 1x.

The game play has some significant changes, I will collect them to post below.

Regards,
    Travian Team
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Map tool for COM servers.

"42433 troops have been deleted." <-- Do not want that to happen? Take your bot off before it is too late!
    "96730 troops have been deleted." <-- From t1.travian.com ... you were warned.

For T4 support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form.
    For T3 support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, send in-game message to Support, or send email to support@travian.com
    Good ol' times... http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6986/wwbq1.jpg

As written in this post, this server will have some huge changes in it.

The features are released in the Travian Blog, one bunch of features per day until the server starts. I will collect to this thread the summary of those features. I will update this post daily as more information is released.

Features / changes in com5 Birthday Special

Bucket: an account can use only 1 bucket per 24h

Artwork: the maximum culture points a player can get from an artwork is reduced to 2000. In addition, no artwork drops for the player in an adventure in the first 14 days of the server.

Celebrations: the culture points are added instantly. The amount of culture points granted to a small celebration is similar to the culture points generated in the village where the Town Hall is located up to a maximum of 500. The great celebration grants culture points similar to the culture points generated in all villages of the player up to a maximum of 2000.

It’s possible to create trade routes which will deliver resources to World Wonder and Artifact villages who belong to players in your alliance or confederacy.

The servers will end when one of these events takes place, whichever comes first:
    • A player builds a World Wonder level 100.
    • The Natars, who will start building their World Wonder at a set amount of days after the server started, build their World Wonder to level 100.

After reaching level 75, every Natarian warrior is needed, so there is no one left to attack competing world wonders which belong to any other player.

8 out of the 13 WW villages get new spawning spots, outside of the grey area. World Wonders defense varies more.

Players are under Beginners’ protection until they first reach 200 inhabitants or until they first settle their second village. While under Beginners’ protection, other players cannot send the protected player troops in any way, and the protected player cannot send troops in any way to another player.

Double resource production, double cranny capacity for all tribes and double troops crop consumption (hero is not affected).

The research costs in the Smithy are reduced.

Daily tasks: 10 different types of tasks, ranging from pretty easy to challenging, which players can do every day to get different rewards. The more points you collect from daily tasks the more attractive prizes you get!

Players start game with 500 Culture points and receive 50 Gold as a reward for their 2nd village. Map looks a bit different from what we got used to in T4.

After Construction plans appear in the game, units in WW villages will consume only 50%.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    Last edited by CM Tschena; 09-20-2013 at 08:10.
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

"42433 troops have been deleted." <-- Do not want that to happen? Take your bot off before it is too late!

For T4 support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form.
    For T3 support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, send in-game message to Support, or send email to support@travian.com

As there are a lot of questions coming up I will try to make something like a FAQ for the birthday server.

Q: How long is my beginner's protection?
    A: It will continue until you reach 200 population or you found second village. Whichever comes first. There is no longer a time limit for the protection

Q: Has the necklace of the hero an effect?
    A: No, it is just a layout "upgrade" for the birthday server. And you won't see it any more as soon as your hero wears an armour.

Q: I do not understand the daily quests. Can you explain it a bit more detailed please?
    A: There are several things you need to know about the daily quests:
    - They are reseted once a day (actually at 12:00 midday/noon server time). This counts for the rewards as well as the points you collected until the reset time. This means that you can collect the rewards again, but also that you have to gain the points again.
    - You need to actively collect the rewards BEFORE the daily quests get reseted. Otherwise they will be lost after the reset.
    - You can collect a rewards for each "level" (25, 50, 75 and 100 points). This means you can get up to 4 rewards per day.

Q: Why do my 15 legionnaires consume 30 crop per hour? This has to be a bug!
    A: I am sorry but it is no bug. Due to the doubled resource production the crop consumption of troops was also doubled on this server.

Q: How much crop consumption does Horse Drinking Trough lower? Is it scaled to lower consumption by 2?
    A: No. It lowers just 1. So with fully upgraded HDT, the consumption of Roman cavalry is 3 / 5 / 7 for EL / EI / EC respectively.

Q: As I can only use 1 bucket per 24 hours: is there a way to see how long it's been since I used a bucket?
    A: No. You need to write it down somewhere... however, we have a change incoming that will add a counter to the bucket.

Q: In the daily quest I have to train 20 infantry or cavalry units. I did this but the system didn't mark the quest as done. What is the reason behind this?
    A: You need to put 20 infantry or cavalry into the training loop in one go as 20 separately trained units won't fulfill the requirements of the daily quest.

Q: Just a tiny doubt, as we all know a player comes out of beginners protection after hitting 200 population. However, my question is, if someone catapults you back below 200, or you demolish some buildings, will you regain beginners protection or is it permanently gone?
    A: Once the beginners protection is gone it is gone forever. So there is no way to gain it back.

Q: I don't understand how the Town Hall works on this server. Yesterday the Town Hall showed 212 cp and today it's showing 221 cp for a small party.
    A: The celebrations have been modified as well to behave like artworks, this means you get the culture points directly after you initiated a celebration. After a celebration, there is a cool-down which equals the time duration a celebration had before.
    Furthermore a small celebration grants the culture points of the village where the Town Hall is located up to a maximum of 500, and a big celebration grants the account-production of culture points up to 2000.

Q: How much CPs celebrations give in case of villages in grey area?
    A: At the moment, celebrations do not grant CPs of grey area villages. This is due to fact that grey area villages produce 0 CPs. In essence this means:
    - small celebrations thrown in grey are villages give NO CPs at all even though it costs resources.
    - large celebrations thrown grant amount of CPs produced by villages that are not in grey area.
    This will be changed in future release... when that happens it will be announced via changelog entry and also in-game the amount of granted CPs will change from zero then.

Q: Consumption of troops is doubled... does killing troops and animals grant hero double experience compared to a normal server?
    A: Yes. The experience gain is equal to the consumption of the enemy casualties in a battle hero participates, so because consumption is doubled also experience is doubled.
    Last edited by CM Phanttis; 11-28-2013 at 13:13. Reason: updated