Thread: Smithy/Troops

Default Smithy/Troops

My question is this, how does the Smithy when you research troops benefit the troops, is it it say you have 3,000 troops does it give those troops the strength of something like 3,300 troops, or is their a percentage difference in the strength?
    Travian Tech Calculator, show the best time for for researching Imperian to level 15. is when you have 3,745, of them, this values apply to all tribes though the numbers of troops may differ, is it a waste of resources to upgrade the Smithy and do research, until you have the numbers of troops, for research that the Travian Tech. Calculator shows?
    2009/2010 s9. 2010/2011 s6. 2012/2012 s8. 2013/2013 s9.

Everywhere is freaks and hairies!

Guardsman

The more troops you got the more bonus you get from the smithy.

I don't know what do you clearly wanted to ask...

I always do those upgrades when I got enough resurces to train 24/7, until that point it's not neccesary to care about their armor
    Ofc if you got like 5-10k of a type of troop it's worth to upgrade it

http://****************.net/hu/report/819505dd850

Quote Originally Posted by GIRoman View Post
    My question is this, how does the Smithy when you research troops benefit the troops, is it it say you have 3,000 troops does it give those troops the strength of something like 3,300 troops, or is their a percentage difference in the strength?
    Travian Tech Calculator, show the best time for for researching Imperian to level 15. is when you have 3,745, of them, this values apply to all tribes though the numbers of troops may differ, is it a waste of resources to upgrade the Smithy and do research, until you have the numbers of troops, for research that the Travian Tech. Calculator shows?
    Smithy upgrades your troop's "weapons", so they do more damage. Obviously your not gonna level an imperian's weapon if you only have 1 imperian. Because it's a % increase I believe, and the research cost to upgrade isn't worth your new super imperian since you could have spent that same resources on say... 10 imperians. But once you get to 3,745 than the cost of upgrading their weapons is more beneficial than building more of them.

cost benefit of these things are always relative. If you farm very well and have enough resources, by all means go ahead and upgrade troops earlier (many times you will be able to both upgrade and build troops at the same time) Upgrades give % bonus to the troops strength

Guardsman

Here is the formula the smithy works on:

Here is the amount of troops for ROMANS when you should upgrade them in the smithy (the left states smithy level, the other numbers state how many of the troop you should have before upgrading)[the legionnaire numbers on the left is for offense, on the right is defense]:

Here is the amount of troops for GAULS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

Here is the amount of troops for TEUTONS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

Here is the amount of troops for SCOUTS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Durisbane View Post
    Here is the formula the smithy works on:

Here is the amount of troops for ROMANS when you should upgrade them in the smithy (the left states smithy level, the other numbers state how many of the troop you should have before upgrading)[the legionnaire numbers on the left is for offense, on the right is defense]:

Here is the amount of troops for GAULS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

Here is the amount of troops for TEUTONS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

Here is the amount of troops for SCOUTS when you should upgrade them in the smithy:

I hope this helps
    It does help, I appreciate the effort you put into answering my question. What I'm understanding is the cost benefit of resources is better used to build troops to certain amounts, rather than use those resources to build the Smithy and then the resources to level up the troops, before you have the troop numbers, that show in the charts.
    2009/2010 s9. 2010/2011 s6. 2012/2012 s8. 2013/2013 s9.

Everywhere is freaks and hairies!

Guardsman

It does help, I appreciate the effort you put into answering my question. What I'm understanding is the cost benefit of resources is better used to build troops to certain amounts, rather than use those resources to build the Smithy and then the resources to level up the troops, before you have the troop numbers, that show in the charts.
    Yep that is spot on

Wow, this helps me either!

Thorned Warrior

Aftersometime Smithy will be destroyed to have a free place for warehouse or granary

Natarian Knight

Yes, you will destroy smithy, especially in hammer village after upgrading all offense troops.