Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travian Tournament 2012 top off players

Natarian Knight

As least I don't think they're breaking any rules. With the prizes, more players will want to aim for top account. And more people might play, meaning more people buying gold.

I think it was meant to make the server less boring and make people try harder to get a top account. Having friends to help you is like using a shortcut, probably wasn't intended that way.

Natarian Knight

there are also unwritten rules and to kill clubs from your friends acc's just to be top1 off is a cheating.
    this will not make server more competitive, nor will make this acc top performer...

gdazn - it would be right if really all ppl could win those prizes.

Atm its impossible for you to win it if you are not supported by at least 20-30 other accounts

so you really think that other players are happy with that ?

I have a little solution for this problem but it is JUST MY OPINION...NOT THE BEST SOLUTION..

1)) players WON'T earn POINTS for killing friendly troops.

2)) TIME INTERVAL:: u will only earn points for killing ur FORMER ally's troops after a SHORT INTERVAL of 3 days after his departure from the alliance...

---> 3 days because this is the period to complete the deletion of an acc...

If u ask me,,,not all people will like this procedure because some people care about those medals more than anything else and they do anything to get them...
    ts2 2o12-2o13: ViPer | GoDz

Mr_M you didnt played on Travian Tournament 2011 did you ?

Otherwise you would know that first 2 players in off that was killing their ally troops was same time almost each week top1 off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan Dymano View Post
    Mr_M you didnt played on Travian Tournament 2011 did you ?
    Nope,,i didn't

2012 tournament is my first one...

Well,
    1) About travian tournament 2011, where 2 players have got very high off points than others, they could've got those from natars. Comparitively, attacking natars give more off points than by killing other tribe troops.so a great possibility that those guys used their hammers for clearing WW villages.I'm not saying they didn't cheat,just bringing out a possibility. In fact,during middlegame of qualification server, I saw many top off players' accounts getting deleted by MH. They somehow managed to get 300K off points in a week,when others were around 100K in total. I don't know about 2011,but in 2012,they're doing efforts to prevent friendly-benefits.

2) @ Mr_M, about your 1st point : how will you define 'friends' ? It's impossible to determine whether a player falls in the category of 'friend' or not.

3) you can't get prizes without getting help from 20-30 villages.....thats completely false. The acc I was part of,got 2 prizes (though only 1 will be given to us) & I can assure you that no such help from another acc was taken/needed.& if you see def of week medals, don't you take help of friends' troops to defend against the attacks & get the medal ?

I'm not saying friends' troops should be used for getting off points,but terming it as 'unfair play' would be better than cheating/illegal play.

Quote Originally Posted by teuton slayer View Post
    @ Mr_M, about your 1st point : how will you define 'friends' ? It's impossible to determine whether a player falls in the category of 'friend' or not.
    this was my bad here,,,ofc ,travian isn't an intelligence agency to spot ur friends and ur enemies .
    I meant ur "ALLIES"...

you can't get prizes without getting help from 20-30 villages.....thats completely false.
    if u read my post once again u will see that i wrote "can" ...lol

The acc I was part of,got 2 prizes (though only 1 will be given to us) & I can assure you that no such help from another acc was taken/needed.& if you see def of week medals, don't you take help of friends' troops to defend against the attacks & get the medal ?
    And here comes the issue here,,the acc u were part of was a fort on its own but who knows this...?? I wouldn't know whether u received this medal on ur own or by reinforcements if i checked ur in game profile...my idea here was that some people receive defenders of the week medals eventhough they are not defensive players and moreover they don't have a single defensive troop...

Can i ask u a question....??? Which situation do u prefer:
    1- receive a defender of the week medal due to ur allies'/friends' troops
    2- receive a defender of the week medal due to UR TROOPS...

Now,,some and i am saying some players write on their profiles,,thanks to great teammates for receiving this medal...team-work is great and this game is about teamwork but this medal falls under the category [[[DEFEND"ER" of the week ]]] not "the teammates of the week..." (lol)

I'm not saying friends' troops should be used for getting off points,but terming it as 'unfair play' would be better than cheating/illegal play.
    i don't consider this cheating as Kapitan Dymano said at all..i consider it "OUTSMARTING" but i HATE this way to receive an attacker of the week medal...

And again this is just my opinion...

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan Dymano View Post
    gdazn - it would be right if really all ppl could win those prizes.

Atm its impossible for you to win it if you are not supported by at least 20-30 other accounts

so you really think that other players are happy with that ?
    No, I don't think everyone is happy with that. Not all of us are on even grounds. For example, if you can throw lots of gold into account, you clearly have an advantage over others who don't.

I won't say it's impossible to get a prize without getting supported by at least 20-30 other accounts, but I get your point about it being easier if you can get help from your allies. You don't need a top 10 offense account to win, you can also win prizes by being in a top 30 alliance, top 10 defense, or top 10 pop. If you can't be top anything, oh well just play the game and have fun.

Having a really active account / good duals can give you a higher chance of getting on top 10. If you play solo, like I have in the past, I'm not even comparing myself to others who have good duals / sitters / gold. We will never be on even grounds, that's not something I have much control over so I just play, give it my best, and have fun. No medals or no prizes, I can live without. It's just a game in the end, enjoy playing.

@gazdn - just one small ask for you - please think about your post once again.

If you will still think that writing such a bullshit like:

"situation when 20-30 players are ONLY producing clubs/scouts etc just to be killed in defense just to made 1 top off acount is a team work and we can compare this with situation that 20-30 players are sending deff units just to made top 1 deff acount, and its same team work"

please im begging you - START USING YOUR BRAIN.

In that case how you will call situation when those 20-30 players are not just sending deff units but are attacking with mass spearmans just"

you really dont see the difference between those 2 situations ? between those 2 ways of "helping" someone ?

Seems you dont. But i see it. Thats why when im complaing about this kind of "help" like top2 players on Travian Tournament 2011 did its not only doesnt mean i dont accept situation like you describe - tbh in my opinion this is the way that travian should go. Just simply you cant see difference.

Its like i would complaing that rich mr. X stole luxury car and you came with some **** that its nothing wrong cos stealing is not always bad specially when, for example someone without money is stealing something to eat for his childern.