Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The ROMAN Tribe

On champ server all throw all farming guides and strategies out the door. Everyone is way too active to farm with effect. Resign to playing to ultra conservative route and store all resources for ONLY settling a second village. Once you have more villages you will have more income because raiding is impossible in an active server.

In x2 champ server focus on resource production and storage and even crannies to get off the ground. being roman means you are likely to get some aggressive players to waste time on you. Dont let them get anything. and afford any losses of troops at all cost. any losses of resources means you wont be the first to settle that desireable cropper. Once you get that second village you need to push up the resource fields and storage as fast as possible. Without a raid income things will take longer, but many players will waste resources on raiding with a net 0 income and resources wasted not progressing to towards village expansion.

Thank u Valliant so much for these valuable informations...

So,,u r saying that early game will be mostly SIMMING,,right...??

Okay,,what about teutons ...??? and especially clubbies...??

Because Romans can make it with their all-purpose legos (lol) in the beginning and gauls will be in a 5 star hotel in the early game..
    ts2 2o12-2o13: ViPer | GoDz

what about teutons and clubbies? Everyone is active the first couple weeks of the server and only accounts that received a registration code can play. So there are virtually no inactive accounts to farm. And oasis farming doesnt result in much resources because everyone is trying to farm them. So any losses to oasis spawns are very expensive.

My advice to you would be to forget any start strategy that involves raiding. You should only focus on resource production because that will be your only source of income. Make sure to either hide your resources with a cranny or be able to ship between your mates to keep them out of raider reach.

A strategy that the polish were pulling off well were pushing offensive accounts to settle a desirable cropper quickly then build up an offense to clear out the area so other accounts could settle nearby. Team work is a must in the champ server. If you didnt come with a preplanned alliance your chance of survival drops drastically.

I have no idea what possessed me to read this entire thread. But, the humor of it all compelled me forward on numerous occasions when I was tempted to stop.

I still cannot tell if Mr_M is Travian's Greatest Troll or Travian's Biggest Imbecile. The part where he actually calculates why scouts would make inefficient defenders when compared to Legs is just priceless. Absolutely priceless! In fact, if a Down Syndrome charity used this as an example of why I should donate to the mentally handicapped, I would do so without hesitation.

Regardless of your intentions and mental aptitude (or rather, lack thereof), thank you for a great, prolonged, hysterical laugh session.

Much appreciated!

I cant believe you read all 16 pages!

The HAMVIL lives on and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTheLion View Post
    I have no idea what possessed me to read this entire thread. But, the humor of it all compelled me forward on numerous occasions when I was tempted to stop.

I still cannot tell if Mr_M is Travian's Greatest Troll or Travian's Biggest Imbecile. The part where he actually calculates why scouts would make inefficient defenders when compared to Legs is just priceless. Absolutely priceless! In fact, if a Down Syndrome charity used this as an example of why I should donate to the mentally handicapped, I would do so without hesitation.

Regardless of your intentions and mental aptitude (or rather, lack thereof), thank you for a great, prolonged, hysterical laugh session.

Much appreciated!
    Some people just can't tri force...
    -com First Tourny Qualifier - Ica
    Steamname: Plinkooo

I have no idea what possessed me to read this entire thread.
    PURE STUPIDITY...

I still cannot tell if Mr_M is (A)Travian's Greatest Troll or (B)Travian's Biggest Imbecile.
    OPTION (B) AND PROUD OF THAT...

The part where he actually calculates why scouts would make inefficient defenders when compared to Legs is just priceless. Absolutely priceless! In fact, if a Down Syndrome charity used this as an example of why I should donate to the mentally handicapped, I would do so without hesitation.
    THANK U FOR THE FLASHBACKS..
    IT APPEARS THAT U DON'T DONATE...WHAT A SKINFLINT...

Regardless of your intentions and mental aptitude (or rather, lack thereof)
    I agree,, a LACK

thank you for a great, prolonged, hysterical laugh session.
    YOU R WELCOME...

what really amazes me is that U POSTED IN THIS THREAD eventhough u have only posted 10 posts since 2008...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_M View Post
    what really amazes me is that U POSTED IN THIS THREAD eventhough u have only posted 10 posts since 2008...
    This is my 2008 secondary forums account. I have an earlier account which I used to use primarily.

I was too hard on you. On the off chance that you are mentally handicapped, I apologize. Most likely, however, you are a rookie who shouldn't be shooting his mouth off.

When I first started playing Roman in the original .com s2 and s3 servers, I listened. I realized that there are others with greater insight to the game than I do. I asked the right questions, and maintained a humble demeanor, despite condescending remarks from trolls. I integrated advice from the top players with my own system and created a set of guiding principles that kept me in the top ranks.

To concise my circumlocutory advice: Judging at face value what you have said in this thread, know that it would be more prudent and beneficial for you to listen and absorb the opinions of other more experienced players, rather than coming to unsound opinions and attempting to hold to those dubious platforms of contention.

Listen and learn, Mr_M, and tomorrow you may find yourself a much better player.

This is my 2008 secondary forums account. I have an earlier account which I used to use primarily.

I was too hard on you. On the off chance that you are mentally handicapped, I apologize. Most likely, however, you are a rookie who shouldn't be shooting his mouth off.

When I first started playing Roman in the original .com s2 and s3 servers, I listened. I realized that there are others with greater insight to the game than I do. I asked the right questions, and maintained a humble demeanor, despite condescending remarks from trolls. I integrated advice from the top players with my own system and created a set of guiding principles that kept me in the top ranks.

To concise my circumlocutory advice: Judging at face value what you have said in this thread, know that it would be more prudent and beneficial for you to listen and absorb the opinions of other more experienced players, rather than coming to unsound opinions and attempting to hold to those dubious platforms of contention.

Listen and learn, Mr_M, and tomorrow you may find yourself a much better player.
    I like that now..RESPECT. Pls,, Next time,,don't flame people and u don't even know them ; i was really UPSET. I CAN'T STAND DISRESPECT...

Anyway,,apology accepted.

Thanks for what u have said,,now i can take u seriously...

And about learning,,i have learned a lot from this thread about the roman tribe thanks to all these guys and especially Valliant eventhough he is a little bit cocky adviser...(lol)

I have concluded from this thread that the roman tribe doesn't suit my playstyle as i am a big fan of teutons but i might choose it one day..who knows..?