Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bands...the best of world...

Default Bands...the best of world...

Well wanted to start off with an interesting topic. So place your top 10 bands list here. Here is mine. You do not need to see what is their genre of music. Just post your list.

#1 Linkin Park

They have always been my personal favourites. These guys are the reason behind me listening to english songs.

#2 Nirvana

I just started to listen them and I am like..wow!

#3 Guns N Roses

The only reason I like this band is Slash. I love to play guitar myself , while listening to his solos..it feels like heaven.

#4 Evanescence

Amy Lee's voice is so angelic , I can't concentrate on anything while I play her songs via my ipod.

#5 Disturbed

If Lee's voice is angelic then David Draiman's voice is demonic. The variations in his tone is amazing. Singing their songs are the toughest of all.

#6 Led Zeppelin

"Kashmir" and "Stairway to heaven" has always been one of my favourites.

#7 Backstreet boys

If anyone ever talks of pop , backstreet boys can never be missed. And "Show me the meaning" is a song that touches my heart all the time.

#8 Avenged Sevenfold

What is the genre of their songs? Blue metal? Death metal? nu-metal or simple heavy metal?

#9 Green Day

The first english song that I ever heard was Green day's "boulevard of broken dreams". And it still one of my favs.

#10 Bon jovi

Ever since I heard "Its my life" I haven't ever given any heat to what others say. This song has made an effect on me. " Bed of roses" has been one of the best romantic songs I ever heard.

People will say why no Metallica. Its simply B'cuz I heard "master of puppet" and "one" and I liked them but not to that extent. But everyone has his own opinion.

Tier 1: Fall Out Boy, MCR, Falling in Reverse,Paramore, Fit For Rivals, The Awesome Snakes,
    Tier 2: Muse, Close to Home, Panic! At the Disco,All American Rejects, Pink Floyd, Slipknot, Trance, Hardstyle
    Tier 3: Caramelldansen, Nirvana, Lady Gaga (guilty pleasure ), Eurobeat Brony
    Tier 4: Asking Alexandria, Skrillex, Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides

Eh that's my tier list for now. I know some of them are messed up like how low Asking Alexandria is (I haven't listened to them in ages since I prefer Close to Home to them in the same genre ). I've got other guilty pleasures but I won't add Can't be bothered to fix it now and it's supposed to go left to right but I effed it up since Slipknot is down so low somehow and I'm too tired to fix :P

I don't see how Backstreet Boys rate so high on yours though o_0

Quote Originally Posted by AAA batteries View Post
    Tier 1: Fall Out Boy, MCR, Falling in Reverse,Paramore, Fit For Rivals, The Awesome Snakes,
    Tier 2: Muse, Close to Home, Panic! At the Disco,All American Rejects, Pink Floyd, Slipknot, Trance, Hardstyle
    Tier 3: Caramelldansen, Nirvana, Lady Gaga (guilty pleasure ), Eurobeat Brony
    Tier 4: Asking Alexandria, Skrillex, Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides

Eh that's my tier list for now. I know some of them are messed up like how low Asking Alexandria is (I haven't listened to them in ages since I prefer Close to Home to them in the same genre ). I've got other guilty pleasures but I won't add Can't be bothered to fix it now and it's supposed to go left to right but I effed it up since Slipknot is down so low somehow and I'm too tired to fix :P

I don't see how Backstreet Boys rate so high on yours though o_0
    well I like pop a bit....but again...lady gaga aint a band...

Default My top list right now...

Muse
    Matthew is the best singer I've heard. His unique voice, amazing and complex piano solos, the aggressive bass and guitar riffs and their space themed lyrics take the mind to a place above the stars.
    Radical Face
    This one man band manages to change one's whole outlook on life. The songs are peaceful but seem to capture the sadness and beauty of life. Just try listening to "Welcome Home"
    System of a Down
    The aggressive bass and the angry voice of the lead singer clearly capture the band's anger at the authorities, they constantly criticize the US government throughout their songs and can make anybody think...
    Amon Amarth
    Viking oriented melodic death metal, that's enough to make it sound like the most awesome band in the world, and they may just be. Johan Hegg is the leading vocalist and I'm pretty sure he's a direct descendant of Thor himself. Their lyrics are also surprisingly good, check these guys out.
    Ensiferum
    They describe themselves as playing heroic viking metal and they are correct. The lyrics can be a little unoriginal but most of their songs are great. The raw and dry black metal growls of the bands lead singer are one of the band's best qualities.

I think Avenged Sevenfold are just listed as heavy metal, they're pretty generic (no offense) and not nearly heavy enough to be considered death metal, they also lack the growl vocals.

Those are my top bands right now. I have loads of other but I'm just to lazy to list them.
    War is behavior with roots in the single cell of the primeval seas. Eat whatever you touch or it will eat you.
    ~Frank Herbert

Arrow

Asin - its a filipino band, yeah its pretty much unheard of but their songs make me cry so much and makes me remember my homeland

That looks tasty o.O

AAA has a good system for favourites, never thought of tiers :O
    I won't steal that system though for this, or else more than half
    of my choices would be in tier 1 & the other tier 4..
    I'll just make a top 20 since they're basically the only songs I listen
    to.

1. Breaking Bejamin
    2. Seether
    3. Three Days Grace
    4. Slipknot
    5. Evanescence
    6. Linkin Park
    7. Korn
    8. Rob Zombie
    9. Nightwish
    10. Poets of the Fall
    11. Lacuna Coil
    12. The Letter Black
    13. Paramore
    14. Rise Against
    15. Lost Prophets
    16. Two Steps From Hell
    17. Papa Roach
    18. Foo Fighters
    19. Delain
    20. Nickelback

I wonder if this is maybe something for the Playground..

Due to the varying genres of music that i listen too and the unique appeal that each of these bands bring i'm not going to list them from 1 - 10, for i love them equally.

Angels And Airwaves, Box Car Racer, Blink-182 (Massive, massive Tom DeLonge fan), Of Mice & Men, We Came As Romans, Attack Attack!, Attack! Attack! (Two different bands, the first being American, and the second being british). Coheed and Cambria, Palisades, You Me At Six, Deaf Havana, Memphis May Fire, Nirvana, Slipknot, Hollywood Undead, Avenged Sevenfold, Secrets, Young Guns, Mew, Snow Patrol... and many, many more.

Massive music fan

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Purified View Post
    Due to the varying genres of music that i listen too and the unique appeal that each of these bands bring i'm not going to list them from 1 - 10, for i love them equally.

Angels And Airwaves, Box Car Racer, Blink-182 (Massive, massive Tom DeLonge fan), Of Mice & Men, We Came As Romans, Attack Attack!, Attack! Attack! (Two different bands, the first being American, and the second being british). Coheed and Cambria, Palisades, You Me At Six, Deaf Havana, Memphis May Fire, Nirvana, Slipknot, Hollywood Undead, Avenged Sevenfold, Secrets, Young Guns, Mew, Snow Patrol... and many, many more.

Massive music fan
    I swear "Of Mice & Men" was a 1930's book by John Steinbeck o.O

That looks tasty o.O

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarrior View Post
    I think Avenged Sevenfold are just listed as heavy metal, they're pretty generic (no offense) and not nearly heavy enough to be considered death metal, they also lack the growl vocals.

Those are my top bands right now. I have loads of other but I'm just to lazy to list them.
    Actually they got loads of variations. Listen to I won't see you tonight part 2 and unholy confessions they do got growls and has the death metal taste in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travian Tingz View Post
    I swear "Of Mice & Men" was a 1930's book by John Steinbeck o.O
    it is

^^

Animis opibusque parati

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast