Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie with some questions about raiding conflict.

Default Newbie with some questions about raiding conflict.

Hello all,

Im a fairly new player to travian so i have a lot to learn. Took my time to read different guides and do some research.

The current situation im in is that me with my sister and 5 or so more friends started playing travian and made an alliance together and have around 10 members. And since this server is quite new everything was fine and all for the first couple of days where the inactives got farmed. However as time passes people started to raid other alliances. And this is where the trouble begins.

So the person next to our highest member started to raid our ally day after day. And to make the story short our ally managed to trap his entire army and started to counter raid. This person got a bit upset and their alliance started to scout us and small attacks started.

Today we decided that we are going to scout them too. We found this member with a ton of resources and barely an army and so we did 1 raid on him and another afterwards to free our trapped guys, that was it.

But a couple of hours ago 2 or 3 of them kept attacking 1 random member of us and just kept attacking till his entire army was dead while they never got any loot which indicates in war.

So now we are planning to attack them to raid their resources and kill their army to keep them small (we have a bigger army i believe). Now my question is, is this a good idea or shall we not do this?

TL;TR Got into a fight with the neighbour alliance, reading the attack reports i believe we have a bigger army. Is it wise to keep attacking them and farm their entire alliance?

Thorned Warrior

It matters how early is it and are there too many alliances in which u are fighting with
    If it is 1st week and u are fighting with 5 alliances together i wouldnt do it
    as they might team up and attack which will be difficult to defend as 1st week u dont have way too many troops
    U may have raiders but no defenders
    Since u are new i would suggest it that do it ally scale not one on one
    I have experience and attack a bit late as most of the farms are cleared and i walk in grab a ton and walk out

ts4 2011-2012 Phete,Rabid Chipmunk ---ts 1 2011-2012 - Shane Moloney
    ts2 2011-2012 - rual1, Oliphant
    ts10.travian.com -XyM

Its a speed server and about 2 - 3 weeks old now (have to check the precise date). Our alliance and theirs is about of the same size. But we managed to kill the army of the top 3 population players of them. And its basically a 3v3 if nobody else out of both teams comes in.

I think its best not to start a sort of physical war with them but i do want to keep farming them because they are not that strong and farming them is a lot faster than farming inactives. What do you guys recon?

Axerider

in this case, i would like to warn you with caution. Its your first server, and you may not quite understand how alliances function.

In alliances, you have alot of people building defense and defense only. lets say an allaince has 60 members. 20 of them are 100% defense only, 40 of them are 100% offense only.

Now lets say that each defense player has only 1000 defense troops, giving them 20,000 defense troops which can be moved to various places within the alliance -> now the attackers aims (your aim) should be to split the various defenses between members in the alliance, so this means you need to plan and prepare and co-ordinate fake attacks. Considering that attacks with 1-20 troops can sometimes be detected as fake attacks, this means you need to have 21 troops or more on each fake.

A good set of fakes can be costly especially if its early in the server, without fakes your troops will likely to go to their doom, so please use faking wisely.

Now with the way travian works out casualties, if each person in your alliance has 1000 attack troops, and your possibly going up against an alliance with 20,000 defense troops, then your attacks will bounce off completely ineffective. you will likely suffer 100% losses while they will lose 0.

Now lets not underestimate the advantages of walls and traps. Players can have 4k traps or more, and any remaining troops will then face the wall, which gives (estimate) 50% bonus or more to the defender. so your gonna need ALOT of rams with your troops as well as ALOT of troops to fill the traps, just to make a small dent in his army.

I dont want to say "dont go to war" but i also dont know your exact personal situation, all my estimates are low and conservative.
    With effective planning and an effective set of faking, you can be successful. When you are countering their attacks, dont defend the attacks that are NON-seige (ie preserve your few defenses for when they are really needed, or carefully choose which attacks you decide to defend, make sure walls are built).

Im sure that if your smart, and can get some good solid punches in, while being smart about choosing when and where you defend, then you will quickly end up at the negotiating table where you can talk terms of an NAP.

Whether to continue,depends on many factors.
    1) its not always that bigger army wins. If they are smarter & experienced, they'll easily over-power your alliance.
    2) your locations. Are all your members near to each other?

3) available times....if they are more active than you guys, then you'd be aat an disadvantage.

Your advantage here,is your co-ordination. As you know each other very well,you can send resources to one-two players from your alliance for making off/def troops(whatever is required) in high quantity,which increases the chances of attack being successful to you.

As you're a newbie, & if its very early in the server, I'd say not to attack them...Its highly possible that a 3rd alliance takes the benefit of this conflict.I'd suggest you to be sitters of each other....ie make a group of 3, where every person sits for the other 2.this way, even if 1 person from each group is online,you'll have an access to all the accounts.

The corner of 'business' and 'none of your'

First off, you and your friends are doing great for your first time, being right troublemakers instead of SimCity is something noobs may never grow out of.
    You need to look at it from a business point of view: Are you getting enough resources to soften the blow of what you are losing before you reach that potential payout? Do you and your friends find banding together against this common enemy fun, since that is all you are playing for?
    "Im'a do the things that I wanna do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you"- Weezer. If you disagree with this post; BITE ME!
    Quote Originally Posted by SandWitch View Post
    Whatever the Slam says..you can take it to the bank,its golden.

The situation has worked its way out a bit. And ended kinda funny. That night we started to raid each other over 2 days. Eventually there was this situation where my friend attacked one of them and they planned their counter attack to arrive 5 seconds before my friends army came home. My friend send them an in game message with "well played" and it ended up in a good laugh on both sides. We still attack each other but only 1 attack or so in 1 or 2 days

However being the noob i am i have another question. There is another alliance close to ours which is pretty big to ours. They have been trying to scout us and sending small raids with 200 men armies from time to time. But lately we got scouted repeatedly and now we got a couple of fake attacks. They simply send 1 men to us every now and then. What is it that they are trying to do? And how should we respond to that? They have a lot more villages and population so i dont think we can fight this off.

The corner of 'business' and 'none of your'

How big is the alliance we are talking about? Are you guys bigger than it's lowest members?

By the way, your friend could preload the page to get his troops back out with enough time to save them.
    "Im'a do the things that I wanna do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you"- Weezer. If you disagree with this post; BITE ME!
    Quote Originally Posted by SandWitch View Post
    Whatever the Slam says..you can take it to the bank,its golden.

They have about double our population and they are all on 2 villages while im the only one with 2 villages in our alliance. Also something strange happened last night. They send us an IGM if we would accept it if we stop attacking each other (2 of our allies attacked them). They said the bigger alliances out there are getting to strong and he wanted to work together.

However we dont really trust this (yet). And asked them for clarification why they wanted this, since they are always attacking us and we never attacked them.

I also made a google spreadsheet that keeps track of their army. Its quite inaccurate but it should give us a good vision of their army size. Ive checked their attacks in our defence reports and the little scouts we did on them.

Update: Their alliance leader just attacked my 2nd village 5 times and 1 time my friends 2nd village. All the attacks he looted nothing. Im so tempted to simply change the goal of aiming hight in the ranks to simply just devote to kill this alliance. However i know this isnt the right choice

What should we do at this point? Counter attack them? since doing nothing doesnt really work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast