Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy World Re-make

((6 reserved, NO ELVES))

Quote Originally Posted by death666 View Post
    your full of crap but i like your style
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer
    You're still full of crap, but I do like your style.

((I put down a better size estimate, and a scale. Abbadon, you should probably re-do your math.))
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

Pikeman

Civilization Name: They are known only as the Bestianimus; the Sentient Animals
    Species: Lycanthropes. Many different types, all mammalian.
    Culture: Feudal/Tribal. Living off the land completely. Somewhat similar to Native Americans. No real enmity between different tribes, the different types will even intermingle as far as living is concerned, but marriage between lycanthropes of different "species" is severely looked down upon...
    History: Supposedly driven out of lands to the east unknown Millennia ago.
    Military description: Well, their tactics vary, depending on the animal form, but you can generally say that faster means less armor, and they probably won't use any weapons other than their teeth and claws.
    Place on map and color: 14, aqua.
    Land description: Thickly forested mountains. There are plains at the foot of the mountain where they grow what crops they need to.

I should probably be a little more specific about the "different types".

The most common were-forms are those of wolves, bears, and panthers. Wolves' human form is the most 'normal' of the species, the only real difference being that they're hairier. In wolf form they're most often gray, but black or a sandy gray-ish brown color are not uncommon. White, while much rarer, is also possible. Werewolves are the middle ground for fighting styles of the main three. They are comparable to swordsmen, usually choosing open combat, but much faster than their stronger counter-parts, and often wearing light armor.

Bears are the strongest and largest of these three lycanthrope tribes. Their human form is a few inches taller than humans, their largest members weighing in at 7'4" 400 lbs. When morphed they will dwarf another lycanthrope, though they have a greater predisposition to walking on all four legs than other lycanthropes. Fur is usually brown, rarely is there any real variance on this point. They fight in the open, if you want to continue the analogy, they are the heavily armored mace wielders. Wearing plate metal armor, they will fight shoulder to shoulder, or simply charge randomly, trying to scatter opponents with massive paws and powerful swings.

Thirdly are the panther. As far as human for is concerned, it is rather unlikely that one can hide in a crowd of humans with their feline features. They look somewhat elvish(albeit with a darker complexion that most elves) with slanted eyebrows, slightly pointed ears, and less body hair. Were-forms are usually black, though occasionally there with be snow white panther. These lycanthropes will fight with speed and stealth, using bows or jumping down on enemies from trees to surprise them. While they would much rather end the fight before being truly locked into hand-to-hand combat, they are smart enough to know that will rarely happen against a worthy opponent. If their initial surprise attack fails to stop the enemy, they will try to turn the fight into a free for all, using their heightened speed to create chaos.

There are a few smaller lycanthropic species that are pretty rare(at least they would have you believe that, to avoid drawing attention to themselves), usually trying to avoid their larger counter-parts. While no more naturally peaceful than the aforementioned three, the other species have never had success in any wars, and have discovered it wiser to just stay out of such things.

Facts common to all these were-creatures; they have elevated healing. Nothing that will turn the tide of battle, but it may save the life of an individual and allow them to fight another day. I'm not talking about a Wolverine level healing factor, but a flesh would that would take a human a couple weeks to fully heal will heal in a matter of hours, and a more serious injury(like a broken bone) will heal in a couple days. Lycanthropes have near perfect night vision, so if they attack a race without this, expect it to be at night. While there have been many tribal wars, they consider themselves to be one people, and if ever a threat presents itself to the Bestianimus as a people, it is not difficult for them to band together and fight. If it comes to this, each major tribe's champions(note that a tribe does not equal a species, there are more than three major tribes) will fight in a ritualistic tournament, the winner being "appointed" general.
    Last edited by Korugar; 01-25-2011 at 17:56.

I 'r' Tankcat, you should know precisely where I 'r'.

Civilization Name: Tyrvei-Tyrzun

Species: Elves, some are coastal, some live in the forest, and some others adapted to the other terrains in the land. Slightly shorter than humans, pointy ears, and the same language are things they have in common with each other. However, the elves have some differences, such as the coastal elves being sturdier and bigger than their forest-bred breatheren, which are more nimble.

Culture: The forest elves celebrate many holidays, most of which the coastal elves don't. However, the coastal elves have a small amount of holidays they celebrate on their own. Despite this, their cultures are similar, and they view elves highly due to the fact that some of their kind adapted to the coast and shipbuilding. These elves are polytheistic, but view Feyanna, their Goddess of the Forest, as the highest of them whether it is for supplying a home or for wood. The forest elves are also friendly with animals and can tame even the most ferocious of animals in their lands.

History: They originally were from a few villages in their elven forest named Tyrvei, but abundances in population caused them to grow larger and larger, eventually conflicting with other elven tribes. Instead of breaking into war like most others would, the elves were able to ally and form together, making a large whole that eventually ruled the entire forest. They began to grow out of the forest and settle in mountains, hills, plains, and other places nearby their forest.

Eventually, they found another forest south of them, slightly to the east. To their dismay, the forest did not contain any elves, just the animals and plantlife a normal forest would. After scouting the new forest and naming it Tyrzun, the elves began to settle amongst the trees and wildlife, not being able to notice that another elven group was using the forest.

From the view of the coastal elves:

There actually were elven tribes in Tyrzun, but there were only few. Over time, the elves had found that there were fish in the ocean that sat near the forest, and apparently, the fish were delicious to the elves, who had began to prefer it over the food they found in the forest. Due to this discovery, the elves began to move out of the forest and settle on the beaches so they could obtain more fish, eventually centering their community around it and completely leaving the forest. In time, they used the forest to construct boats, and this had developed them into larger, stronger elves, rather than the elves that live in the forest. One day while gathering more wood from the Tyrzun forest, some small elves were found trying to settle in the area. As with the other elven tribes that the foreigners met, the coastal elves banded together with the forest elves.

Military description: As the elves discovered signs of non-elven peoples on the island, joining the elven military (the navy is optional if you live in a coastal city) is compulsory for the people. The soldiers live normal elven lives, but are forced to stay fit enough in case of a war. There are several types of troops. There is a palisade between their territory and the swamplands southeast, and there is a palisade between them and a forest to their east, which they believe is too dark to be comfortable.

Place on map and color: #12, olive.

Land description: The north is populated by hills and the Tyrvei forest, but the north coast has port cities like in the south. In the south, the Tyrzun forest is set on a plain with many cities on the coast. In between the north and the south, there are larger hills and even a few mountains. (I'll make a map as soon as I can make it.)
    Last edited by L.C.S.; 01-26-2011 at 22:21. Reason: Sheet
    Comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    L.C.S. In the universe, it is illegal to defy all laws at once.
    Alexander *Watchs Stargate disappear.* YAY!

((Lol L.C.S. I know the feeling, SW was the only exception and now it is dead. Though I hope to join Darklands when I have time to write a sheet))

Civilization Name: Known to those few from the outside world that are aware of their existence merely as 'The Guardians of Cytrum'

Species: Unknown. A race of statues animated by ancient magic, with similar biological proportions to humans. As they are unable to speak, they communicate amongst each other mentally, and with other races by projecting their thoughts into the mind of the other.

History: Thousands of years ago, an ancient race of seers known as the Ened created the city of Cytrum. A floating metropolis, the entire city was made to hover 500 metres above the ground. The Ened created the Guardians to protect and defend Cytrum, and imbued them with a portion of their magic. However, almost one thousand years ago, the reclusive Ened were struck with a lethal contagion, nearly wiping the race out in a matter of a few short years. The last handful of uninfected Ened departed Cytrum, seeking a means of curing this plage, promising their creations that they would return. They never did. Since then, the Guardians have maintained their lonely vigil over the city of their creators', rarely travelling to the barbaric world below.

Culture: The city of Cytrum is home to the greatest depository of knowledge in the known world, housing endless libraries stacked with tomes on any subject imaginable. To read them all would take a dozen lifetimes. Of course, with the biological immortality of the Guardians, this is not a problem for them. Over the years, as this vast array of knowledge has been absorbed by the minds of the Guardians, and an awareness that their masters are almost certainly long since gone from the world having developed, the Guardians have begun to think more freely, to question, to develop their own moral codes and beliefs (or lack thereof, being a purely atheist race). Foremost at the Guardians' new cultural outlook, is a quest, anobsession, a need to find some manner of procreation, and a means of expanding their race to more than the five hundred that currently inhabit the great city.

Magical attributes:
    Teleportation: With a one hour ritual, can teleport back to the city (nowhere else)
    Flying: Think Dr. Strange/Magneto kind of flying
    Mind read/control: No
    Shielding: Able to create an arrow/simple gunpowder rifle blocking shield, ineffective against big ranged weapons (cannons/trebuchets/catapults) and melee attacks
    Combat abilities: Fire-throwing, can create magical projectiles, turn undead, and have minor weather-control (can create blankets of fog and such).

Place on map and color: 6 & purple

Land description: The land immediately under Cytrum is near-impassable swamp, blanketed in a constant fog. Everything else I leave to BB, as my neighbour and someone that will actually realistically have utilised this land.

Quote Originally Posted by death666 View Post
    your full of crap but i like your style
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer
    You're still full of crap, but I do like your style.

((9 Reserved and Forest Elves and dark green))

Civilization Name: Elves of the Golden Wood
    Genre: Pure magic
    Species: Elves
    Culture: The elves love everything natural and will go to great lengths to save it. Elves do not worship thoroughly except for their Goddess of the Earth, Edulin. Their government is a monarchy with a Council of Elders. These elves are a strong race and cannot be controlled by outsiders. The elves are very suspicious of outsiders since the Age of Betrayal and would rather die than see someone rip a leaf off one of the massive Mallorn trees.
    History: The elves were once mortal living in harmony with goblins. These goblins too were mortal. They were human sized and better looking. This bond was meant to last an eternity. But there was one exception. The goblins couldn’t enter the Garden of Edulin and the elves couldn’t enter the Hall of the Stratgor. Now the elves were a graceful race and crafted things of wonder a beauty while the goblins were simpler and created crude and ugly things. The goblins grew jealous over the years. Especially their queen. Queen Frakned. Not a pretty thing in standards of anything non-goblin. She wanted the seeds of Edulin's tree for her own tree. As it was forbidden to access the garden guards weren't thought needed. This proved fatal. For the goblins greed above all else broke the bond of love and forged one of hate. The goblins under the cover of darkness stole three seeds of Thiandul, Edulin's tree. Once the seeds were in the hands of the ugly Frakned all elves woke in the night to a song of the utmost sadness every to be wove. The tree sung the events through the wind and the elves readied for war. The elves kindly asked Queen Frakned for the seeds back but she imprisoned these ambassadors. And because of this the goblins were cursed by Edulin and were turned into the ugly, greedy little monsters they are now. They shrunk in their size too. Edulin then granted the elves immortality and magic. The goblins' God, Stratgor, agreed with Edulin's curse. But he didn’t like his race being weakened that much. So Stratgor gave the goblins the same night vision as the elves. He also showed them how to breed other goblins through Cruk pits. The war the elves waged on the goblins was costly for the goblins. All goblins were slain to prevent new generations and the seeds were taken back. And so the Age of Betrayal was over and the Golden Age of the elves began.
    Military description:
    Ground Units:
    Macar (Swordsmen) - Elven swordsman with a shield.
    Ehtyar (Spearmen) - Elven spearmen. Has a curved spear with a long dagger.
    Anda Pilin-ndi Ur (Longbowmen) - Elven longbowmen with a sword for hand combat.
    Ungo Mahtar (Shadow warrior) - Elven assassin with dual swords and a vile of poison. The assassins are very stealthy, agile, and quick. Very hard to kill.
    Ngolmo (Lore-master) - Elven lore-master that casts nature spells and summons animals to their aid. They have a bladed staff, a long dagger, their magic, and their "pets"(summoned animal).
    Sairon (Wizard) - Elven magic user that uses the magic only for offense. Only weapon is their magic, a bladed staff, and a long dagger.
    Elessa-er (Healer) - Elven healer. Only weapon is a bladed staff and dagger.
    Taure Mahtar (Forest warrior) - Elite elven warrior. Protects to forest at all costs. Has a longbow, dual swords, and wears leather armor that is colored to the forest background. Only deployed in the elven forest.
    Heavy Units:
    Golden Wood Royal Guard - The best soldiers in the Golden Wood. When they are mounted they ride the Royal Unicorns. Their armor is the best around and so are their weapons. The Royal Guard consists two of the best soldiers of each Ground and Air unit. The hardest to kill.
    Cavalry - Elven warriors that ride white horses. Has a variety of weapons.
    Onya (Ent) - Walking trees that can hurl things and attack regularly
    Air Units:
    Eagles - Enormous eagles that can be mounted. Occupancy - 1-5 elves.
    Griffons - Half-lion, half-eagle creatures that can be mounted. Occupancy - 1-2 elves.
    Siege Units:
    Crystal Cannon - A cannon of pure crystal, in a teardrop shape, that has a magical orb in the back. When fired four pieces of the crystal retract at the point and a beam is fired. Controlled simply by a button that taps the orb to fire.
    Place on map and color: 9, Dark Green
    Land description: Covered in Mallorn trees*. There are random mountains around and in the very center of the country is a circle of mountains where the capital is located. The Anduin River flows around the mountain about 10 miles from the base. It flows in a complete circle round the mountain and is massive. The Anduin River is 5 miles wide and just as deep. Creatures not known to the outside world live there to protect the capital in their greatest need. Only four bridges connect across the river and are developed so that in a time of danger they can be removed easily. No outsider knows the location of anything elven except for outposts and maybe a port or two.

*((Mallorn trees are stolen from LotR. They are enormous is length and girth. Their leaves are gold and the bark is a silvery white.))
    Last edited by Guardian Angel; 01-25-2011 at 14:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel View Post
    ((9 Reserved and Forest Elves and green))
    ((But I took green... If we end up sharing greens, I want the darker one.))

((Also, interesting that another elven empire is playing. I plan on making elven pirates. :P))
    Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.S. View Post
    ((But I took green... If we end up sharing greens, I want the darker one.))

((Also, interesting that another elven empire is playing. I plan on making elven pirates. :P))
    ((Ill take light green then. And my elves are the same as they have always been There are different type of elves though.))
    GA=BA end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel View Post
    ((Ill take light green then. And my elves are the same as they have always been There are different type of elves though.))
    ((Actually, after thinking about it a bit, I might take olive instead. Dark green doesn't seem to fit an elven navy much, and olive is one of my colors on SE. Plus, it's more unique.))
    Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.S. View Post
    ((Actually, after thinking about it a bit, I might take olive instead. Dark green doesn't seem to fit an elven navy much, and olive is one of my colors on SE. Plus, it's more unique.))
    ((I like dark green better than light anyway. And a possible alliance can come out of this. Just keep that in mind:-p))
    GA=BA end of story.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast