Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of the Old

Vik'lian City, Pandora, Alpha Centauri System, where I secretly dig up and sell unobtainum.

Default Academy of the Old

((Well, it looks like I'll stick around in these dead forums for a little while, so why not spur a little actvitiy here with a new Travlin RPG (er, it has no connection with Travian whatsoever, sorry)? Since we all know all RPG's GM'ed by me eventually wither and die (or stabbed by the GM, who happens to be me), I'll just throw together a freeform (think that's the word) and let it cook itself. All I will do is make the rules and have the final say on any argument. Don't worry, I'll be fair. Also, this RPG is supposed to bring together the older members of this forum.))

Introduction
    ----
    It is the year 86A of the Hexdial Calendar. The Empire of Usania has assumed control of multiple solar systems, but an attack by alien forces has shattered the Empire's domination. The Academy of the Old has been founded to train extraordinary humans to fight alien forces. Many professionals have been hired to teach the ways of combat. However, this isn't just your run-of-the-mill Academy-that-teaches-extraordinary-humans. It has been designed to attract many students with its very friendly social structure. Recruits have been at an all-time low after the Attack. Note: You will never get to truly fight the aliens. There might be some sort of invasion into the Academy, but you won't actually go off to fight these "alien forces."

Rules
    ----
    Just the basic RPG rules, really.

1. No godmodding. If you are experienced with RPG's, you should know what this means by now. If you are not, go ask someone who is. Like I said, I have the final say on any argument, but I will be fair.
    2. No spamming. There are mods here, and they will help me keep things in check if needed.
    3. Out-of-character dialogue must be done in (( )), although I'm lenient about this rule. Just try to remember to keep it in (( )), and you're good. I understand if you forget once in a while.
    4. Posts should be done in third person's point of view whenever possible. OOC obviously can be in first person.
    5. Please check your grammar and spelling before posting! I can never emphasize this enough in RPG's. No one wants to sift through all your bad grammar and spelling to try to understand you. Even if you're not good at English, at least make a genuine effort to try.

Can't think of anything else - hope this is it. I have the right to add any rules if needed.

Character Sheets

OK, so here's how this works.

Players that I have known since before I quit Travian and I know are experienced with RPG's can be a Professor right off the bat. If you're sure you fit here (this includes you, flut, so don't be overly dramatic about this :P), post the Professor's Char Sheet. If you aren't really sure, ask me first. New players will be students. Remember, though, that ANYTHING can change after RPing starts - this means you can change your field of study, your attitude, even become a Professor or quit being a Professor, etc. Also, please delete anything in (( )) in the character sheets, as these are just instructions. Anyone failing to comply will be asked to re-do their character sheet.

With that in mind, please copy the appropriate character sheet and paste it in a new post. (feel free to bold anything for emphasis) Do not PM me with your character sheet. Again, remember to delete anything in (( )) in the character sheets, as these are just instructions.))

Professor's Character Sheet:

Name: ((Full name please - you can also add what you want to be called))
    Biography: ((A few details about yourself. Try to keep it short - one or two paragraphs is sufficient. You may want to revise this after you pick your Field of Study))
    Field of Study: ((Basically what you teach - use as many details to describe it as possible. Okay, so there are quite a few things you can teach. You can teach Combat, which includes melee (think lightsabers), ranged (think laser blasters and artillery), and magik (a psychic bond between your body and the environment, kind of like the Force, but with elemental magic, like in classic RPG's, involved). You can teach Arts of course, which could be drawing holographic projects, music, learning to craft stuff, etc. You can also teach something that you feel would fit in a spacey theme, but try to ask me first. Finally, each Professor should start out with their own Field of Study. They can collaborate while RPing, but before then, try to make up your own unique FoS))
    Course Description: ((Optional - a flavorful course description to entice people to join. When RPing, you will have opportunities to advertise your course, so don't worry.))

Student's Character Sheet:

Name: ((Full name please - you can also add what you want to be called))
    Biography: ((A few details about yourself. Try to keep it short - one or two paragraphs is sufficient.))

Note: If you are a student, you will be teleported into the Academy. You'll need to ask directions to find your way around. Professors will try to recruit you into their classes, so you need not worry about making your own Field of Study.

Have fun! The imaginations of all RPers will define the Academy, not me. You've got quite a bit of leeway on what you can and can't do.
    Are you an old in these forums? Have you been here a long time, sadly seeing people leave slowly? Then check out my new RPG, Academy of the Old!

Vik'lian City, Pandora, Alpha Centauri System, where I secretly dig up and sell unobtainum.

Name: (Professor) Guolin Mudkipius
    Biography: It all started on the planet of Mucl'lilc. There was a legend of a birth of a new wizard that could save the planet of Muc'lilc. This wizard ended up being a short little kid named Guolin - oh right, me. My potential seemed pathetic at that time; I was the laughingstock of my town, Muc'lilc-a'von. Soon, though, I secretly developed my powers. I grew in both mind and body, harnessing magik to cast upon, er, sandbags, while using a short lightsaber to defend myself in combat. At the age of 19, I freed Muc'lilc from our dictators and spread happiness throughout the planet. It wasn't long, though, before the aliens came.

I could not stop them. They were too strong. My last hope resided in teleporting to the Empire. My planet gave me their blessings, as fighting the aliens, with the aid of the Empire of course, was enough for them. For many years I fought alongside the Empire's battalions, and have grown old in the process. I was asked to teach new, jumpy recruits at the Academy, and I accepted. I am now here to teach you, while my adventures have been long past.
    Field of Study: Magikal Saber Handling - This specializes in using Magik to wield the Saber from a range or in your hands. From a range you could fight enemies with less risk, even though it takes far more energy to do so, and you can even harness the energy of the Saber in a blast to kill off enemies. In your hands you can buff yourself with Magik and make you fight harder and in a more skilled manner. Note: By Saber I mean something like a lightsaber in Star Wars.
    Course Description: In this course, you will slowly learn the proper techniques of handing your very own Saber using Magik! Learn from the famed Professor Mudkipius on topics such as ranged handling, melee handling, and eventually harnessing! Practice Sabers are provided free of charge, but you may provide your own. Prepare to have a blast!
    Are you an old in these forums? Have you been here a long time, sadly seeing people leave slowly? Then check out my new RPG, Academy of the Old!

At my computer. Watching episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Name: Professor Umbreon Black
    Biography:
    Umbreon Black is from a planet called Ev, where seven closely related intelligent species battle for power, each controlling a separate Shards. The traditional name for royalty is the –eon suffix, to show that they will rule for an eon. Growing up on Ev as the Darkness Wolf Prince, he fell in love with the Princess of the Psychic Leopards, Espeon. The seven rulers, Empress Blue of the Water Lions, Chieftain Yellow of the Thunder Cheetahs, Lord Red of the Fire Dingoes, King Black of the Darkness Wolves, Queen Pink of the Psychic Leopards, Tsarina Green of the Grass Jackals, and Caesar White of the Ice Tigers opposed them, and tried to tear their love apart. However, Umbreon Black and his new wife Espeon Pink fled from their world, finally finding refuge at the Academy of the Old.
    Field of Study: Umbreon teaches Mane (“Maw-neh”) Control. He mostly knows about Shadows, but he has learned from others of Water, Thunder, Fire, Psychic, Grass, and Ice. Mane is somewhat like chi, and the more one practices it, the stronger one becomes. Umbreon also teaches the language necessary to know Mane. The yellow rings that are on his forehead, arms, and legs glow when Umbreon using Mane. All students will receive their own mark when they graduate.
    Course Description: Mane (“Maw-neh”) Control is about controlling your inner Mane. There are seven known Shards of Mane: Water, Thunder, Fire, Psychic, Darkness, Grass, and Ice. Part of it is mastering your emotions. The other part is your power. Of course, you also have to know the language of Mane. It is not a spoken language (although it can be spoken, technically) but a mental language. All people have three major traits that reflect on their control over Mane: Power (the amount of energy that can be used in spells), Strength (the amount of Shards you can master), and Endurance (the amount of time one can hold a spell). These, together, are known as the Endurance-Strength-Power scale, or ESP. The ESP is a triangle. All people have differing control over Mane in them, but where it rests on the ESP scale defines the type of Mane that can be learned. Those who excel in Power learn very fast, very powerful spells of only one Shard. Those who excel in Strength learn very fast, very weak spells of all Shards. Those who excel in Endurance learn very long, very weak spells of only one Shard. Most people rest in the center of the scale, albeit skewered to one side or another. After learning a personalized course of Mane, the student will graduate and be allowed to practice Mane in the real world. As well as learning spells and control over Mane, the students will receive an object of power (which will help them center their Mane), a spellbook (which will allow the recording of an infinite number of various spells, charms, incantations, and necessary Mane words), and a unique, defining mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinglemouse View Post
    Of course you are, you one of the coolest people on the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4colskypeck View Post
    She is one of our favorite forum celebrities.
    MEMBER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    Name: Professor Umbreon Black
    Biography:
    Umbreon Black is from a planet called Ev, where seven closely related intelligent species battle for power, each controlling a separate Shards. The traditional name for royalty is the –eon suffix, to show that they will rule for an eon. Growing up on Ev as the Darkness Wolf Prince, he fell in love with the Princess of the Psychic Leopards, Espeon. The seven rulers, Empress Blue of the Water Lions, Chieftain Yellow of the Thunder Cheetahs, Lord Red of the Fire Dingoes, King Black of the Darkness Wolves, Queen Pink of the Psychic Leopards, Tsarina Green of the Grass Jackals, and Caesar White of the Ice Tigers opposed them, and tried to tear their love apart. However, Umbreon Black and his new wife Espeon Pink fled from their world, finally finding refuge at the Academy of the Old.
    Field of Study: Umbreon teaches Mane (“Maw-neh”) Control. He mostly knows about Shadows, but he has learned from others of Water, Thunder, Fire, Psychic, Grass, and Ice. Mane is somewhat like chi, and the more one practices it, the stronger one becomes. Umbreon also teaches the language necessary to know Mane. The yellow rings that are on his forehead, arms, and legs glow when Umbreon using Mane. All students will receive their own mark when they graduate.
    Course Description: Mane (“Maw-neh”) Control is about controlling your inner Mane. There are seven known Shards of Mane: Water, Thunder, Fire, Psychic, Darkness, Grass, and Ice. Part of it is mastering your emotions. The other part is your power. Of course, you also have to know the language of Mane. It is not a spoken language (although it can be spoken, technically) but a mental language. All people have three major traits that reflect on their control over Mane: Power (the amount of energy that can be used in spells), Strength (the amount of Shards you can master), and Endurance (the amount of time one can hold a spell). These, together, are known as the Endurance-Strength-Power scale, or ESP. The ESP is a triangle. All people have differing control over Mane in them, but where it rests on the ESP scale defines the type of Mane that can be learned. Those who excel in Power learn very fast, very powerful spells of only one Shard. Those who excel in Strength learn very fast, very weak spells of all Shards. Those who excel in Endurance learn very long, very weak spells of only one Shard. Most people rest in the center of the scale, albeit skewered to one side or another. After learning a personalized course of Mane, the student will graduate and be allowed to practice Mane in the real world. As well as learning spells and control over Mane, the students will receive an object of power (which will help them center their Mane), a spellbook (which will allow the recording of an infinite number of various spells, charms, incantations, and necessary Mane words), and a unique, defining mark.
    ((Hehe, that took quite a bit to read. Thanks for expanding Magik! Mane looks more like a lion's mane than Mana, :P.))

Bored to death, Guolin decided to put down the book he was reading, "Biography of a Bounty Hunter, With Introduction by Guolin Mudkipius." Interesting book, but I have better things to do. His space debris-coated boots made nary a sound as he shuffled across his classroom to check his cabinet. Eh, two boxes of titanium-enforced tissues and some holo-pencils - c'mon Usania, I need some more supplies!

With a sigh, Guolin activated his classroom's warp portal, entering Professor Umbreon Black's classroom. He should be behind his desk right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Guolin
    Bored to death, Guolin decided to put down the book he was reading, "Biography of a Bounty Hunter, With Introduction by Guolin Mudkipius." Interesting book, but I have better things to do. His space debris-coated boots made nary a sound as he shuffled across his classroom to check his cabinet. Eh, two boxes of titanium-enforced tissues and some holo-pencils - c'mon Usania, I need some more supplies!

With a sigh, Guolin activated his classroom's warp portal, entering Professor Umbreon Black's classroom. He should be behind his desk right now...
    ((You're welcome. :P It does look like a lion's mane, but it's pronounced Maw-neh. It means "magic" in this language I had to create for a project. FYI, in this language, all vowels are pronounced, e.i. no silent vowels like the "e" in "mane."))

Professor Umbreon was meditating. He had just finished typing up the syllabus to his course, Mane Control, and was going over the spellings of each word in his mind. . Endurance. Strength. Powor. He blinked at the computer. Incorrect. Fixing the error, Umbreon continued. Power. When he was finished correcting the document, he saved it and printed out several copies. Soon enough, it would be time for class to begin. Only a few more days now.
    Umbreon looked up as a fellow professor teleported into his room. Guolin Mudkipius. One of his ears twitched. The famous wizard boy. "Good morning, Professor Mudkipius," he greeted formally. Rising, he offered his paw to Guolin with a bow.

((You're welcome. :P It does look like a lion's mane, but it's pronounced Maw-neh. It means "magic" in this language I had to create for a project. FYI, in this language, all vowels are pronounced, e.i. no silent vowels like the "e" in "mane."))

Professor Umbreon was meditating. He had just finished typing up the syllabus to his course, Mane Control, and was going over the spellings of each word in his mind. . Endurance. Strength. Powor. He blinked at the computer. Incorrect. Fixing the error, Umbreon continued. Power. When he was finished correcting the document, he saved it and printed out several copies. Soon enough, it would be time for class to begin. Only a few more days now.
    Umbreon looked up as a fellow professor teleported into his room. Guolin Mudkipius. One of his ears twitched. The famous wizard boy. "Good morning, Professor Mudkipius," he greeted formally. Rising, he offered his paw to Guolin with a bow.
    ((I knowz. Maw-neh ~= Mana))

Feeling a bit depressed, Guolin decided to greet back with an excited, "Well top of the morning to you too, Professor Umbreon!" Guolin returned the handshake with his old, withered hand. Eh, however much I know dear Umbreon from the old days, I'll never truly get used to shaking a furry paw. Guolin sighed nonchalantly. "I still have yet to see the 'students' General Avix promised us. All I see out there are a few walking zombies of what would be our students. Perhaps...perhaps we should pursue advertising. I've earned enough dollareds from my lousy 'adventures'; I can probably fund the advertising."

Guolin messed a bit with his belt, turning his Saber on and off. "I don't even have many supplies yet either. I feel far too unoccupied!!" Guolin threw a small metal sphere up in the air. As it was coming down, Guolin cleanly split it in half with his Saber. "Sorry about that. I don't feel too well today."

Quote Originally Posted by guolin View Post
    ((I knowz. Maw-neh ~= Mana))

Feeling a bit depressed, Guolin decided to greet back with an excited, "Well top of the morning to you too, Professor Umbreon!" Guolin returned the handshake with his old, withered hand. Eh, however much I know dear Umbreon from the old days, I'll never truly get used to shaking a furry paw. Guolin sighed nonchalantly. "I still have yet to see the 'students' General Avix promised us. All I see out there are a few walking zombies of what would be our students. Perhaps...perhaps we should pursue advertising. I've earned enough dollareds from my lousy 'adventures'; I can probably fund the advertising."

Guolin messed a bit with his belt, turning his Saber on and off. "I don't even have many supplies yet either. I feel far too unoccupied!!" Guolin threw a small metal sphere up in the air. As it was coming down, Guolin cleanly split it in half with his Saber. "Sorry about that. I don't feel too well today."
    ((Basically. I don't think anyone else will join. Pff. xD))

"I think we need to advertise as well. No one has signed up for my class, but perhaps that's because I have not put up the sign-up sheet yet." Umbreon gave a fang-showing smile. "Those so-called students would work better as cows than fighters." He hated to see how old Guolin was. Those of the planet Ev aged much more slowly than those of Mucl'lilc, and Umbreon was, comparatively, not yet out of his twenties, although he had seen countless years pass by. "I have nothing to do but rewrite my syllabus over and over. There comes a time when even that becomes a touch tedious, especially when one is on his four-thousandth version. There are only so many synonyms to the word control, after all." Watching Guolin perform a clean slice with his Saber, he suggested, "Perhaps the students will enjoy seeing that?"

Natarian Knight

Zeke in?
    Lol im rather experianced with Rpg's but i like to mix things up.. So a few questions.. do we have to be human? and is magik nessisary to have power?
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Arcca, i love you ^^
    puǝ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯ ɹɐǝɟ 'ǝɯoɥ ʎɯ sı ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ 'sıs ʎɯ sı ɐɹɹǝʇ 'ǝʞǝz ɯɐ ı

Flanks heaving, fangs bared
    Ears forward, paws pounding hard
    As first blood is drawn

Quote Originally Posted by zekedog13 View Post
    Zeke in?
    Lol im rather experianced with Rpg's but i like to mix things up.. So a few questions.. do we have to be human? and is magik nessisary to have power?
    ((Yay! Hellhound! Sister!))

((no, you don't have to be human. I'm a wolf-like creature. And what do you mean by "power?"))

Quote Originally Posted by zekedog13 View Post
    Zeke in?
    ((1) Nope - flut is some sort of furry beast - see Umbreon the Pokemon.

2) Nope - it's like the old school RPG. There are warriors and wizards. Warriors can use strength and valor to overcome their obstacles - sometimes they don't even have to touch any magic whatsoever. Wizards, on the other hand, just tend to like magic. It's just who they are.

You can post your char sheet now - you can be a Professor if you want - I've known you for quite a long time zeke. ))

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast