Thread: Observer Information for Servers

Default Observer Information for Servers

Wouldn't it be fun if at the end of a server, there was an option for other Travian players NOT currently active on a server to be able to "look in" on the server? For example, just a simple way for players without an account on a particular server to see the stats page (i.e., top players, top alliances), who holds artifacts, and the WW race (i.e., the treasury inside). Maybe it could even include all the stats, like being able to look at player and alliance profiles.

My rationale here is that many players get eliminated from a server, but might still be interested in what happened to their old teammates or the alliance that destroyed them. Since the end of a server has only a fraction of the user volume than the beginning (i.e., 30k players down to 5k), I doubt a few observers would really tax the servers. If it did, and alternative is that this forum could have a public, daily-updated stats medal list / artifact list / WW list that is official in the section for each server.

I know sometimes people on the forum post top attackers, battle reports, and WW race info, but if you no longer have an account on a server it is pretty difficult to get consistent, reliable information on what's going on.

I think this would benefit the game in a couple of ways:
    * Deleted players could continue to follow a server, and might be more likely to re-start.
    * New players might learn a little more about endgame before having played through one themselves.
    * Player who get "bored" during mid-game can follow another server's WW race for fun.
    * Alliances who are winning their own server could "scout" which alliances on another server they might want to compete against in the future.

What do people think? Doable? Interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terron View Post
    Its like David versus Goliath here, but Goliath is a giant retard and David is a sexy Ninja riding to battle on raging armored Bears.

I always wanted this kind of option :P
    If it will allow only the statistic and ranking that a normal player can see I don't see a problem with that action going through the whole server
    You would of course get no more info then a normal player
    |s9.com| Thors Fury CF

Thorned Warrior

Thumbs up

If we haven't tried it, I don't see why we can't do it.

Axerider

In theory, you're essentially looking at a frozen (banned) account without any message sending options. If an account could be made called "observer" with the password "password" which was permanently frozen and couldn't send/receive any messages, anyone could log on just to observe the game. It would save people begging on the forums for an update.
    quoth the raven: "nevermore."
    Cleaning up shop.

Support .

Axerider
    Lurking, check outside your window you might catch a glimpse of me

Quote Originally Posted by snowdove View Post
    In theory, you're essentially looking at a frozen (banned) account without any message sending options. If an account could be made called "observer" with the password "password" which was permanently frozen and couldn't send/receive any messages, anyone could log on just to observe the game. It would save people begging on the forums for an update.
    That wouldn't work they would need to set up an external view to work perfectly but after that it would be extremely useful.

Heck people would easily be more likely to buy gold when they think they know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPaladin
    Forums are like liquid. People come and people go. I just stand at the sidelines and watch it flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    And use a giant hammer to horribly maim anyone who breaks the rules.

Good Idea I support

Red face

i think its doable...and it may rise the popularity of travian more..though it can be tough job for the managers...but atleast a try can be made...

Why wouldn't you just reregister an account to check out all the stats and other goodies? The last time I checked, travian is still not closing registration to servers after artifacts spawn. Is that now different?
    ninjaplatypi -s8 2012- Infamous DC
    Ad Astra -s2 2013- Infamous DC