Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: New RPG Discussions

in an undisclosed location listening to teh presidents continential adress

( they both hyperventillate, Bruce having rebooted.)

NEED IT......JOIN US......MAKE IT.....DO IT NOW!!!
    ( both faint.)
    ... and I, COFF!! THE PUMPKIN KING!...
    thats right, you may start crying in fear now.

Natarian Knight lucky number 13's Avatar

my rpg has almost completed itself but there is still one more decision to be made

to me the storyline seems a great chance to simply make it into a story like one of guolins but some people have been asking for me to make it a proper rpg

whats the opinion of the general public?

any opinions please
    [20:59:37] shadowspirrit: logic dictates that i should now kill you

Quote Originally Posted by lucky number 13 View Post
    my rpg has almost completed itself but there is still one more decision to be made

to me the storyline seems a great chance to simply make it into a story like one of guolins but some people have been asking for me to make it a proper rpg

any opinions please
    I'd say make it proper
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

I'd sort of side with an epic storyline, featuring countless battles and sacrifices that in the end lead to one massive fight for the fate of the universe, for good or evil!
    of course, the players are responsible for creating the whole sacrifice part, and making the bad guys super evil. thats my opinion, especially with WH40K, which sort of lays out a story line for you...

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

any opinions please
    What exacly are you making?
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

Natarian Knight lucky number 13's Avatar

i was thinking somewhere around the period warhammer 40k is set, for those who dont know that means plasma and laser weaponry with highly advanced projectile (bullets etc...) weaponry oly not that far into the future.

its similar to an empire rpg in that you have a map and empires take and control sections of the map but in this case you have no decision on the attacks, high command orders you into a fight and you obey along with any other players who joined that particular empire and you attempt to complete battles and misions, the winning team is the one who conquered the most sections of map or all the map before the rpg dies :P

it basically works like you have a character and an increasing number of squad mates and options as you progress through ranks, you choose yours and thier skills and weapons and fight as a squad in ground wars, cityfights, boarding actions at sea and maybe even low orbit satellite captures for orbital superweapons.

you recieve promotions and technology options as you complete missions and the empires capture ground and also special abilities such as the option to request airstrikes or bombardments from artillery or even deathstrikes from satellites, mybe even the option to deepstrike onto the battle feild via teleportation or grav shute

if enough people like this idea i will convert my empire builder idea into this just for your amusement

it will have to wait a while though for undisclosed reasons

just an update i am thinking of allowing squads to gain the use of vehicles, ie they can become scout bikers or even a tank squadron or all gain jetbikes or even jumppacks, anythings possible in the two weeks it will take to release this, anyone attempting to steal my idea will be horribly killed though and if ikonomu13 sees this he is banned from the rpg for certain reasons

as i said: me and co-gms will control it and higher ranked players can give orders to lower ones =P

and i am still wavering between making it an interplanetary war in which case aliens will be involved, making this one humans or another species and making the second one an interplanetary war with the winners of this one as the rulers of the planet versus or making this one where humans are interacting with aliens and other species but only on one planet for now and interplanetary later or in a second rpg

lol venerable dreadnoughts FTW

and i am still wavering between making it and going to sleep again

meh just cause you mentioned it i will make it but i get to make the dreadnoughts

and i think yeh i will allow alien races as a side

finishing the map now....

any opinions please
    this is every post i've made about it jumbled into one
    [20:59:37] shadowspirrit: logic dictates that i should now kill you

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Or, in 1 sentince? Or at least 1 paragraf?
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

bassically:

future. lots of aliens fighting with each other and against the humans/ superhuman aliance called "the imperium" (search warhammer 40,000 on google, and you'll find something.). you are the leader of a sqaud of one of the many aliens or humans. you recieve orders from higher command in your army. you try to conquer a planet. whichever race has the most territory at the end wins.

Cool, depending on when it starts I might join.
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

my computer if the dot is green. Somewhere else if it isn't

any opinions please
    I like the way Guoilin made a story mabey if you did that but you had "players" pm you how their character wold react and you make a good and full story post with it
    The wife of a friend on mine has read Twilight and described it as such...."It's a dollar smut novel without the sex."